LV Arsty or Delightful GM????? Pls Help!

bay102375

Apr 19, 2012
Hi there! I love the Arsty MM but Im also considering the Delightful GM. Im 5'2, I only like the Delightful in GM that is why im worried that the Delightful GM might be too big for me! :confused1: I love the Artsy MM :loveeyes:, Less leather to Patina too but im worried it might not be a good everyday bag! Please help me? Which do you think is better, pros & cons???? Your opinion is very much appreciated! Thank you!:blossom:

I have both of these bags and love them each. As far as comfort goes delightful wins hands down. It is so roomy and light and easy to carry. Artsy is prettier and way better organized with all the pockets. I guess it depends on how much you carry as to how heavy the bag will get and if you need organizational pockets. The gm is pretty big but it does slouch alot and that makes it look smaller. The artsy is a more structured shape and will stick out a little more. Overall if I could only keep one bag I would choose the Delightful. Only because I love how big and roomy it is and how comfy the strap is on my shoulder for long periods. HTH!!

bay102375 said:
Thank you! I really wanted the Artsy, but have you heard about the Artsy canvas cracking? Did it happen to you? I wanted to get this bag but when i heard about the canvas cracking, it scares me to get my dream bag! I hope this is not true!

Hi, I have a mono artsy GM previously and there was a small prob with the canvas. Wasn't cracking but the canvas looks as though there were white spots. I took it in and LV gave me back store credit. Granted they said that it was a defective bag after I had it for 3 months.

So I'll say go for the artsy if it's your dream bag ..

If anything were to happen to the artsy canvas, it will happen soon after you start using it after buying. I'm sure LV will help to settle any defective bag.. Look for a nice SA and voiced ur concerns before buying it.

I've attached a pic of the defect .. I still miss my artsy GM from time to time :sad:

Attachments

• image-1223231426.jpg
    image-1223231426.jpg
    654.9 KB · Views: 767
Hi, I have a mono artsy GM previously and there was a small prob with the canvas. Wasn't cracking but the canvas looks as though there were white spots. I took it in and LV gave me back store credit. Granted they said that it was a defective bag after I had it for 3 months.

So I'll say go for the artsy if it's your dream bag ..

If anything were to happen to the artsy canvas, it will happen soon after you start using it after buying. I'm sure LV will help to settle any defective bag.. Look for a nice SA and voiced ur concerns before buying it.

I've attached a pic of the defect .. I still miss my artsy GM from time to time :sad:
Thank you for your reply! Im glad you were able to return your bag with no problem. Not all SA are that considerate:thinking: Hopefully i can get my dream bag( for the moment) hehehe, pretty soon!

Who said artsy is not an everyday bag ?
I carry mine almost everyday before my
speedy mon mono came to rotate !
I vote artsy than delightful GM ;)
Artsy is very beautiful bag and I love it ❤

bay102375 said:
Hi there! I love the Arsty MM but Im also considering the Delightful GM. Im 5'2, I only like the Delightful in GM that is why im worried that the Delightful GM might be too big for me! :confused1: I love the Artsy MM :loveeyes:, Less leather to Patina too but im worried it might not be a good everyday bag! Please help me? Which do you think is better, pros & cons???? Your opinion is very much appreciated! Thank you!:blossom:

I just got my delightful GM and im 5ft short :biggrin:
Its a really beautiful bag i love the style of artsy aswell but heard alot of the shoulder strap issues but so did the DE NF GM and i still got that bag :smile:
They are two totally diff bags IMHO soo what bag fits your style better at te moment? What do u like about each bag? And last but not least what bag calls out to u?? Ultimatly your gonna rock the bag :smile:

This is a tough one. They are both equally gorgeous bags, I was undecided between the two but with the gm sizes of both. I ultimately decided on the delightful gm. I like how it slouches nicely when you have all your things inside so it doesn't appear as big as it is when you try it on emty in the store. It was the Strap drop of the delightful that ultimatly sold me on it, there is a very good strap drop on this bag so you can still wear a very thick coat and throw over your shoulder with no problems, I don't think you can with the artsy. The strap of the delightful is very very comfy, no matter what i put in there, it does not hurt my shoulder.
I use a purse oragnizer in my delightful so I have no issues with finding my things in my bag. I love this bag and will never let go of this one.
Though I have to say that I still want to add the artsy to my collection, just because I like the style of large hobo bags and I like to rotate my bags every other day.
I would say get the arsty even though it is a bit more expensive, you could wear it with more dressier outfits and still use it as an everyday bag. My favorite thing about the arsty is how it is hassle free because there so little vachetta.. I think it will still look gorgous in 3 years from now with a deep patina, delightful im not so sure about.
good luck deciding and let us know which you pick.

I think you have to try them on. The artsy is meant to be a hand held or crook of the arm bag so it's not particularly comfortable on the shoulder...for me anyway. I have a friend who's tiny and she can pull it off on her shoulder fine and doesn't think it's to heavy. For me I would ache lol The delightful on the other hand is SUPER comfortable. A touch more casual though I think. Both are beautiful bags that can be used everyday, dressed up or down. It comes down to whichever is more complimentary and comfortable for YOU. Go try them on and have some fun! Let us know what you decide :smile: