LV and the quality

Never would think this would happen. My nearly year old hardly used LV NF summertrunk ‘s print on the outside of the bag has imprinted on to my lining. I don’t know what or how this can happen. The color doesn’t come off from the outside of the bag. I am bringing it back to my SA who will raise a quality issue report. Sigh. It’s a LE and wasn’t cheap.

Attachments

• 36FB20C2-96E9-44BD-96B3-4E541ECED284.jpeg
    36FB20C2-96E9-44BD-96B3-4E541ECED284.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 364
  • DB797C19-6593-4551-96AD-AFD4109CFD8D.jpeg
    DB797C19-6593-4551-96AD-AFD4109CFD8D.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 370
  • D1CB0FE3-E29C-45A4-9F90-BA0E5AE80138.jpeg
    D1CB0FE3-E29C-45A4-9F90-BA0E5AE80138.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 371
  • C4D086CA-E992-45AC-80A5-647F50104765.jpeg
    C4D086CA-E992-45AC-80A5-647F50104765.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 370
Reactions: amateurjeweler
Never would think this would happen. My nearly year old hardly used LV NF summertrunk ‘s print on the outside of the bag has imprinted on to my lining. I don’t know what or how this can happen. The color doesn’t come off from the outside of the bag. I am bringing it back to my SA who will raise a quality issue report. Sigh. It’s a LE and wasn’t cheap.
I am so sorry for that. LV has quality issues but to my knowledge they takes care of them because they have a very good aftersales service as well. I hope it all works for the better for you. Do update us.

This is so weird, does anyone know how this could happen technically? I was under the impression that the canvas was silk screened prior to the assembly of the bag, so there should be a layer of PVC and canvas between the layer of color and the lining...?

Reactions: amateurjeweler
Not shocked. I returned last year a beautiful red Pochette Metis in the empreinte leather because the red dye on the interior canvas was bleeding onto my Azur print mini pochette and white IPhone cover. Imagine my horror given the pochette was brand new and thankfully I saw it right away and was able to get it off. LV took it back, apologized and offered me a full refund with no questions asked. I am 56, have carried LV's since in my 20's and am so disappointed in the quality and styles they are putting out. I still have a few vintage LV pieces that I will not part with. However, because I feel LV is mass producing otherwise boring designs and questionable quality, I have decided my money is better spent elsewhere. Laugh if you will, but I just bought a gorgeous Coach signature canvas Riley flap bag with a floral print that just sends me. The quality and workmanship is absolutely gorgeous and far surpasses so much of what I am seeing coming out of the bigger fashion houses. Sadly, like everything else, quality is just no longer there.

This is so weird, does anyone know how this could happen technically? I was under the impression that the canvas was silk screened prior to the assembly of the bag, so there should be a layer of PVC and canvas between the layer of color and the lining...?
Stranger things have happened. My suggestion is to take it into a boutique, if you have that option. I am sure they will do the right thing, especially in light of all the bags they are having to recall. I have never seen such a hot mess as they have on their hands with the PM bag recall and its shoddy glazing. Matter of fact, I believe there is shoddy glazing on other styles as well. Enough for me to stay away. Good luck and don't fret!

Reactions: Liberté
I purchased this wallet two weeks ago during a layover in London and a few days ago noticed that the back side already has some damage to it. I'm usually very careful with my things so I was surprised to find that. I'm planning to bring it into a store to see if it would be possible to exchange. Has anyone had any difficulty exchanging items like this? I had a really bad experience with Gucci a few months ago and I'm hoping the people at LV will be nicer.

wx_camera_1554941209463.jpg

It is no doubt that LV is having quality issues these last few years.. almost every other brand new item frm store that i see have issues (e.g. canvas not well sewn, tarnishing on zipper body, glazing issues or peeling leather etc.)

I feel like i almost have to choose the best out of the lot, a piece that i can live with the minor imperfections (and this is supposed to be a brand new bag from LV store) if i dont want to make another trip down or wait for new order which may still have other issues in itself.

However, LV 's redeeming point is their aftersales service

Reactions: DAMER and roxi88
Question about LV quality:
I just made my first ever LV purchase and decided to go pre-loved through one of the top reputable luxury goods resellers who authenticate on the front end. I chose pre-loved as an intro to the LV brand to see if I like it and settled on a Pochette Accessories in the iconic monogram canvas. This particular bag was made in France in 2001.

Upon receiving it, I was shocked (dismayed really) at how light weight and chintzy the bag is, almost to the point of wondering if indeed it is fake or wondering if this is how the LV monogram canvas bags and hardware are supposed to feel? Granted there's not much to this particular style of LV bag, but for the price I expected a bit more heft. Again, this is my intro to LV. I've never even handled one prior to this. I trust the reseller and know they have dedicated LV authenticators handling LV bags all day so they would definitely know fake from real.

I'm used to hauling around hefty bullet-proof vintage Coach leather purses for many years now and guess I'm having a hard time justifying the prices of LV canvas bags for what you get. I'm wondering what other people's LV monogram canvas experiences have been? Thanks.

LV canvas bags are very lightweight compared to Coach leather. For me, that's a major plus cos I have back and neck problems.

I purchased this wallet two weeks ago during a layover in London and a few days ago noticed that the back side already has some damage to it. I'm usually very careful with my things so I was surprised to find that. I'm planning to bring it into a store to see if it would be possible to exchange. Has anyone had any difficulty exchanging items like this? I had a really bad experience with Gucci a few months ago and I'm hoping the people at LV will be nicer.

View attachment 4400339
You can try. If you properly inspected your piece and noticed something like this prior to using the wallet, they would have happily exchanged your wallet. Unfortunately, they do not offer exchanges on used pieces, especially if it’s damage from use.

Corners of my 5 months old speedy DE B25, already asked LV but they said they don’t see any damage. And I never put my bag on the bottom or anywhere.
My old classic speedy 30 DE looked after 5 years still like new!

View attachment 5258421
After 5 months that is wear and tear from the bag rubbing against something, most likely inadvertently. Canvas is a great material, but it’s not indestructible. It’s funny, handbags are like cars in the sense that you can own a car for 5 years without a scratch or dent, then your next car can have dings and dents soon after you drive it off the lot…