LV and Dior selling left over fabrics and leather for 4$ ametre

CrazyCool01

May 17, 2015
LVMH (LV and Dior) is selling their left over fabrics and leathers for cheap 4$ a metre. I saw this on insider and really shocked, what am i missing!? Is this normal !?

will counterfeiters not buy these left overs to make genuine fakes !??

813D0232-E356-4507-A580-CA364D5721B9.jpeg

LVMH (LV and Dior) is selling their left over fabrics and leathers for cheap 4$ a metre. I saw this on insider and really shocked, what am i missing!? Is this normal !?

will counterfeiters not buy these left overs to make genuine fakes !??

View attachment 5069805
I think it’s wonderful! Instead of destroying beautiful fabric, they are making it available from what I read only to designers, and people in the fashion industry to work their own magic with it. What a great chance as a small firm or a new designer to have access to luxe fabric that would go to waste! I think kudos to LVMH, and I swear it seems some collections they do lately utilize unsold bags that get new treatment (in the wild looks very familiar for example) and are back for sale again. There is SO much waste in fashion, this seems so smart. I wish LV and others would do what Telfar and Brandon Blackwood do - :bag or slg security: for some pieces. Let people order what they want and fulfill that instead of making wrong numbers of unliked items and not nearly enough of what people do like. That would cut down waste too.

Reactions: Liberté
I think it’s wonderful! Instead of destroying beautiful fabric, they are making it available from what I read only to designers, and people in the fashion industry to work their own magic with it. What a great chance as a small firm or a new designer to have access to luxe fabric that would go to waste! I think kudos to LVMH, and I swear it seems some collections they do lately utilize unsold bags that get new treatment (in the wild looks very familiar for example) and are back for sale again. There is SO much waste in fashion, this seems so smart. I wish LV and others would do what Telfar and Brandon Blackwood do - :bag or slg security: for some pieces. Let people order what they want and fulfill that instead of making wrong numbers of unliked items and not nearly enough of what people do like. That would cut down waste too.
I agree this is a welcome development. France has banned destruction of unsold items, and even if LVMH could just ship it somewhere else in Europe, there's no point working against a clear trend.

I have also seen items from past seasons popping up on 24s (LVMH owned online shopping store with LV, Dior and other brands), so it seems like they're trying different venues to dispose of stock without destroying it outright which is great.