Lucrezia or Saint Laurent duffle?

prestwick

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
Which bag to buy? Givenchy Black calf Lucrezia medium vs. Saint Laurent duffle 12 in black with taupe front?. Totally different leathers. Lucrezia is more chewy. Saint Laurent more polished leather almost looking like box. Shoulder strap on Lucrezia much shorter. YSL could be worn cross body.

Which bag to buy? Givenchy Black calf Lucrezia medium vs. Saint Laurent duffle 12 in black with taupe front?. Totally different leathers. Lucrezia is more chewy. Saint Laurent more polished leather almost looking like box. Shoulder strap on Lucrezia much shorter. YSL could be worn cross body.
I just went through this very same dilemma and ended up not buying either of these bags. The lucrezia was my favorite of the two but I started researching the bag and learned that it seems to be prone to having the leather wear off or something along the raised parts. There is plenty of intel on this and all the lucrezias I saw on resale sights had this issue. The leather of the saint laurent duffle is super thin, very easily scratches and has little to no structure. The bag looks lumpy with items inside. And the zipper pulls feel thin and cheap. I just didn't feel the quality of this bag matched the steep price tag. I'm sorry, but my advice would be to skip both of these bags and keep looking : )

I would choose the Lucrezia over the Duffle. I love the look of the Duffle but the leather turns me off. It's thin and smooth and I think the scratches/scuffs don't suit the bag (unlike other leather bags that look better with age). I know the Lucrezia has its own issues as well, but I prefer its structure and thick leather. Even when filled, it retains it's shape.

I have had my Lucrezia since the release of the bag without issue. I think you just have to mindful and not let the bag rub up against rough surfaces. The leather is very thick and the bag stays quite structured.

Have got both, but gave the Lucrezia away due to the leather wearing off the raised bits at the front - I mean, you would think they would use a thicker leather!!!

For SLP's duffle, I've had it a few months and use it about 3 - 4 times a week - no issues with scratches, the leather is very thick (they use a triple stitching which is one more than Chanel & Prada) and zippers are all produced by SLP themselves and coated with 24kt gold. The reason for the thinner zippers and hardware is to reduce the weight, or so I'm told. True that there isn't as much structure to the bag, but it doesn't bother me at all. The suede lining is awesome too!

I would definitely go for the duffle, but this is also because I have a few bags that have much more structure - python antigona, goatskin blue and red antigonas, etc...