Lucky me, my first non-paying bidder!

Jul 12, 2007
So, i've sold well over 150 items on eBay and I finally have got my very own non-paying bidder. It's so frustrating as i've sent numerous emails and invoices to the person and they haven't once contacted me! I wrote on my auction and the invoices that payment is to be made in 3 days, but it's now been a week! And, I looked at their buying history and they bought items in the last few days and left people feedback, so why can't they even respond to me!
It's just frustrating because it's an inexpensive item and the person has recent feedback from buying Gucci and Chanel bags over $1K.
Why are people so rude and inconsiderate? :sad:

Thanks for letting be rant, lol. :smile:

I'm so sorry to hear that and definitely know how crazy it feels. but for some reason there seems to be a very steady increase of those incidents. the weirdest ones I get are the ones that bid the last second and win. you assume they really want the item since they are waiting til the last second to bid and definitely knows they won but for some reason then they die off. the most frustrating thing for me is the 2 week wait for NPB dispute to close and receive FVF. by the end of 2 weeks it's hard for me to decide should I relist (with the current listing limitations) or offer 2nd chance. i'm not even sur if I would accept a 2nd chance offer from a seller after 2 weeks. that place just suck. i need the exposure but can't accept all the crap they dish out.

Happened to me too. When I filed a claim against them for being a non-paying bidder, they paid immediately, the cheek! Eventually, it turned out that it was a MRPS seller under a different user ID, was a little surprised.

FYI, eBay doesn't care what your payment date requirements are, buyers have a week to pay. Even if you say you require payment within 24 hours it doesn't matter. You can't file NPB against a bidder until that full week is up.

OP, glad you were able to file NPB, I know it's a big pain. Since sellers can't leave negative FB for buyers anymore, buyers are taking advantage of this and often bidding and winning without paying.