Low DSR Rating

Schientist

Schientist
O.G.
Oct 5, 2009
I clearly take this too personally.

I am a top-rated seller with low volume sales, so by running DSR reports I can pretty easily tell who left what feedback. I hover around 4.98 on all my DSRs and have never gotten a low rating. Until recently.

I had four sales on the same day, and the feedback ratings I got from them were all positives.

On every sale, Ebay sends an automatic payment receipt, and I always send a note when I ship (the next day) saying thank you for your payment, your item has shipped, etc. For communication I received a 1,3,4, and 5. Huh??

For shipping and handling, I charge exact cost. 3 of those 4 sales rated me: 1,4, and 5.

For "as described," 3 of those 4 sales rated me: 1,4, and 5.

I'm guessing that one of those 4 people was unhappy with their purchase and left me all the 1's... but then why leave a positive?? Why not contact me and say they're unhappy with the purchase? The only reason I didn't get an additional "1" is because I was automatically given a good shipping time score by Ebay since I ship kind of immediately.

4's I don't mind. But a 3 on communication? Why? And the 1's... they just kill me. It's like getting my first F. I'm really disappointed. I'm only allowed 2 low ratings before I lose top rated seller status... wish I could tell the buyer who left me those scores that!

Oh and by the way... have now changed ALL of my listings to free shipping and upped the prices... too bad for the buyers that would actually understand how much shipping costs. :sad:

I'm guessing that one of those 4 people was unhappy with their purchase and left me all the 1's... but then why leave a positive?? Why not contact me and say they're unhappy with the purchase? The only reason I didn't get an additional "1" is because I was automatically given a good shipping time score by Ebay since I ship kind of immediately.
Because then you'd know who she is and you'd block her. By leaving positive feedback, she still has the opportunity to scr3w with your DSRs again should you have something she's interested in.
wish I could tell the buyer who left me those scores that!
Unless all four buyers purchased the same item with the same item number, your reports should allow you to see who left what scores.

It's very time consuming to get the baseline report but once you have that, you can easily know exactly how each buyer scored you.

Unless all four buyers purchased the same item with the same item number, your reports should allow you to see who left what scores.

It's very time consuming to get the baseline report but once you have that, you can easily know exactly how each buyer scored you.

I'd REALLY like to do this so I can block the person anyway. I'm 99% sure I know who it was... because they didn't all leave feedback on the same day, and I remember which feedback appeared to knock my stars down from 5.0's.

If you can show me where to do that (or point me to a post if you've already written it up) I'd appreciate it!

Also, one of my IRL friends pointed out to me that I'm not just taking this too personally because it's insulting... I'm also now halfway to losing my FVF discount. Since I don't sell many items, I am only allowed TWO low DSR's in each category per year. :sad:

I'd REALLY like to do this so I can block the person anyway. I'm 99% sure I know who it was... because they didn't all leave feedback on the same day, and I remember which feedback appeared to knock my stars down from 5.0's.

If you can show me where to do that (or point me to a post if you've already written it up) I'd appreciate it!
Please PM me your email addy. I've got it saved somewhere and will forward it.

Sounds like it could be a mistake on the buyer side as buyer must have mistaken 1 as 5...something like that. Contact eBay and see if eBay can help you contact the buyer and has your rating changed.

I have one case... sold a LV bag, buyer's wife changed the delivery date (calling FedEx herself due to out of town) and husband left me a "Neutral" feedback but saying "My wife loves the bag, but took FedEx long time for delivery..". To make the long story short... after the husband realized that his wife was the one requested for late delivery, it was already passed the dead line for changing my feedback rating to positive. Oh well I almost got a A+ on my report card :P ...

This is the eBay world we cannot guarantee everyone knows how to play the rating game correctly... like that husband was a gentle guy but did not know what he was doing ....

Sounds like it could be a mistake on the buyer side as buyer must have mistaken 1 as 5...something like that. Contact eBay and see if eBay can help you contact the buyer and has your rating changed.

I have one case... sold a LV bag, buyer's wife changed the delivery date (calling FedEx herself due to out of town) and husband left me a "Neutral" feedback but saying "My wife loves the bag, but took FedEx long time for delivery..". To make the long story short... after the husband realized that his wife was the one requested for late delivery, it was already passed the dead line for changing my feedback rating to positive. Oh well I almost got a A+ on my report card :P ...

This is the eBay world we cannot guarantee everyone knows how to play the rating game correctly... like that husband was a gentle guy but did not know what he was doing ....

UUUUGH... that is so sad about the delivery thing! Too bad well intentioned but misinformed buyers don't get you final value fee discounts. :sad:

Can't contact the buyers about DSR's since it's against Ebay policy, but wish I could! With a little more information under my belt, it looks like it actually might have been a mistake after all. Hm.

Because then you'd know who she is and you'd block her. By leaving positive feedback, she still has the opportunity to scr3w with your DSRs again should you have something she's interested in.

i'd block all 4 lol