Loving firey colors. Which would you choose?

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I am considering two birkin 30s. Both from a reputable consignment store, not local so I have only seen photos.

One is tomate and the other is Potiron.

I have always wanted an orange bag but my favorite color of all time is on this bottega clutch that I sold to Fashionphile last month. I was obsessed with the color, just couldn’t make the daytime clutch work for my lifestyle.

Here is the bottega I loved. Because I loved the BV, I am gravitating towards the tomate but also think the Potiron is so rich.

I wear lots of bright colors and muted neutrals. My closet is pretty diverse in tone but I love bright bags.

Thanks!

3F019F14-287B-46D1-8D3D-FCF901FA0580.jpeg

Reactions: saskiamoet
Potiron I always thought of as slightly more neutral (pumpkin) type of orange. Your BV color is definitely beautiful! I wonder if for Hermes colors something like Orange Poppy is closer to that color.

Do the two bags have the same hardware type, similar conditions / pricing? Maybe those would influence my decision too because I think based on what you said you can rock either one! If I have to give only one answer though I'd vote for tomate. Good luck deciding!

+1 for Potiron for its versatility

I have had a difficult time mixing red bags with my wardrobe in the past, but I just got a bright orange (Capucine) Lindy and am really surprised how well it goes with navy, browns, black, greys, floral prints, etc. I have to think about my outfits and matching my other bags (Bambou, Jade, Biscuit, Gold, Noir, Graphite), but I don’t even worry about it with a bright, but earthy orange.

Last edited: