Love Bracelet vs. Rolex What's Worth More?

ThisVNchick

SGN<->SF<->DC<->CDG
O.G.
May 7, 2008
So I have both. Both in it's most simple form. I have a GY love bracelet and an all silver rolex. I purchased the love when it was in the 4-5K range and the rolex was a recent piece, so it was around the 7K mark. I wanted understated pieces that I could wear to work and around people without drawing too much attention. Now I am looking into a more "blingy" piece and both the rolex and love with diamonds are about the same, above the 10K mark.

When I buy jewelry, I want to own pieces that can hold their value. I don't care for trendy pieces, but love the classics. So here's my question, what do you think will hold its value better, a rolex or a love bracelet?

I am neither a bracelet nor watch fanatic. There isn't one that I favor over the other. I just want to make a smart investment choice, jewelry-wise.

Looking forward to the responses :smile:

The real classic Rolex models holds great value and if you make smart buys it can be a great investment. Unfortunately it is primarily the men size sports models such as the Submariner (especially the old 16610LV or other Sub collectors items) and the steel Daytona or the old GMT II Pepsi. I am personally really found of these models and I have made a lot of money on buying these (some have gone up more than 50% since I bought them). But you have to be in to the full men size (40mm) models, which for some are a little too big. It also seems like what you want is more bling, and I can totally understand your fascination with this. It is nice!
Unfortunately Rolex in the mid and ladies sizes holds much worse value and the ones with diamonds or mother of pearl are terrible as investments. The two-tone (gold and steel) combinations are also known as bad investments. On the other hand, if you buy these models second hand you can make some good buys, but don't expect it to be a good investment. It will more likely "just" holds it value (which is definitely not bad). But only if you buy second hand, otherwise you will really loose money on these models.
As for the Love bracelet, these seems to be a much more safe choice in terms of keeping value and being a good investment.

Reactions: Bee-licious
If you buy a diamond love bracelet would you wear it stacked with your plain love bracelet or you would wear it instead of? If you like the look of 2 stacked together I would buy a new diamond love since that way you are still getting use out of your 2 original pieces (gold love and stainless rolex) plus the new Love. For the watch would you get the exact same watch that you already have just with a diamond dial or bezel? If so can you look into replacing the dial or bezel of your existing one with a diamond one so you don't have to buy a whole new watch? I would only look at getting another Rolex if it looks very different from your current one like different style band (2 tone or presidents) or different style altogether.

Hi,
These are my 2 options either the Silver Grey OR Olive Green.
I plan to get it with Diamonds around the bezel.
Which option do you think is better ?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    276.5 KB · Views: 787
Have you ever thought about getting an after market diamond bezel made for your rolex? Then if you decide you don't like it, you can put your old bezel back on it and make a new piece with your diamonds...