Love bracelet vs cartier tank watch

Aray22

Jan 5, 2013
Hi ladies trying to decide what my first major investment piece of jewelry will be. I always thought I wanted the love bracelet in YG first and foremost but now I'm debating between that and the tank watch (I want both pieces eventually) what are your thoughts?

Hi ladies trying to decide what my first major investment piece of jewelry will be. I always thought I wanted the love bracelet in YG first and foremost but now I'm debating between that and the tank watch (I want both pieces eventually) what are your thoughts?

I have both - got the Tank 8 years ago and the Love 2 years ago. Would probably do the same again - but it seems that the prices of the love increase much more often than the watches do. Something to consider!

In a perfect world? Yellow gold tank but realistically speaking (hello budget!) the stainless Steel. Plus I like the look of mixed metals with gold love bracelet and steel watch.

In a perfect world? Yellow gold tank but realistically speaking (hello budget!) the stainless Steel. Plus I like the look of mixed metals with gold love bracelet and steel watch.

Agree. I wear my SS Tank on my left and YG Love on my right. Most of the time - it's all I need! You can't go wrong with these forever pieces.

How about get both, and get one pre-owned? I also want a tank, small size all SS Francaise and plan on getting it pre-owned, but I'm a pre-owned kind of gal, I just can't bring myself to buy retail for jewelry but bags I do enjoy being the first owner. But if you want both new and now, how about the watch and then the interlocking mini/double/baby love bracelet, much less $ a touch over 1k vs. 5k bangle, but a completely different look bec. it's a dainty bracelet rather than a bangle. I actually think it's very clever bec. it has the rings interlocking like they are 'in love' lol.

I'm planning to get both a LOVE bracelet and a Tank watch someday as well. I will probably get the bracelet first as I already have a nice watch (Rolex). I want to get a Tank with a leather band to wear for everyday and keep my Rolex for special occasions.

I already have a Tank F in two tone and like you, plan to get a YG Love one day.

Personally, I would consider getting the watch pre-owned and the Love new - watches tend to come into the pre-owned market much more readily and in better condition, plus because of their generally more wide-spread availability, the pre-owned prices reflect a greater discount than you typically see for a really top condition second hand Love.

So summary: Love brand new from the Cartier boutique and Tank pre-owned from a reputable reseller (there are plenty out there). And I would get the Love first, avoid another price increase :smile: :yes:

I already have a Tank F in two tone and like you, plan to get a YG Love one day.

Personally, I would consider getting the watch pre-owned and the Love new - watches tend to come into the pre-owned market much more readily and in better condition, plus because of their generally more wide-spread availability, the pre-owned prices reflect a greater discount than you typically see for a really top condition second hand Love.

So summary: Love brand new from the Cartier boutique and Tank pre-owned from a reputable reseller (there are plenty out there). And I would get the Love first, avoid another price increase :smile: :yes:

This is very good advice:tup:

Pre owned watch is genius. Any suggestions for a reputable site?

Well, this is an Australian site that's really reputable but I'm not sure if they ship internationally - I'd give them a call to find out?

http://www.clockmaker.com.au/cartier.html

I quite like the stainless steel they have currently with the black face :heart: :biggrin: And you can see, small tank f are reasonably available so you should be able to find something :yes: