Love at second sight. Has this ever happened to you?

Luxable

Jan 2, 2024
So a few weeks back, I indulged myself a little by shopping my first higher end bag. I had a picture of what I wanted in my head when I walked into the store, and saw a few that came very close. I tried those on and felt nothing.

Then I saw something on a back shelf that was NOTHING like what I was shopping for. It was the wrong color and a style I had not even considered. I emptied the handbag I was carrying (a lavender Kate Spade camera bag) and found this one fit my essentials ( big wallet, phone, keys) with room to spare but it seemed bigger than what I wanted. But I asked to try it on.

As soon as the strap hit my shoulder, I saw fireworks. I looked in the mirror and that was it. I just knew! It's been 3 weeks with zero regrets. I do baby her. I love wearing her but only in good weather and never to work. That may pass after my next bag buy though!!! But I love her and and see myself reaching for her for many years.

Has this ever happened to you?

So a few weeks back, I indulged myself a little by shopping my first higher end bag. I had a picture of what I wanted in my head when I walked into the store, and saw a few that came very close. I tried those on and felt nothing.

Then I saw something on a back shelf that was NOTHING like what I was shopping for. It was the wrong color and a style I had not even considered. I emptied the handbag I was carrying (a lavender Kate Spade camera bag) and found this one fit my essentials ( big wallet, phone, keys) with room to spare but it seemed bigger than what I wanted. But I asked to try it on.

As soon as the strap hit my shoulder, I saw fireworks. I looked in the mirror and that was it. I just knew! It's been 3 weeks with zero regrets. I do baby her. I love wearing her but only in good weather and never to work. That may pass after my next bag buy though!!! But I love her and and see myself reaching for her for many years.

Has this ever happened to you?
Which bag were you looking for and which one did you end up getting? I’d love to know how different they are!

Yes. I always liked the Stella McCartney Falabella but felt that the chain (while beautiful) was too heavy. The vegan “leather” was a turn off as well. About two weeks ago, I saw one on the sale at The Real Real and bought it straightaway as it was a cloth bag.

I ADORE IT. The chain is not really that heavy. It’s a perfect size and easy to get in and out of. It’s a pretty icy blue. I was initially looking at getting a Picotin. Glad I didn’t.