Love at first sight PS1 medium orchid

vesna

O.G.
Jan 18, 2008
I always wanted a PS1 large, in camel, and was thinking for years how many work school bags I have. I teach and have a few brown work bags like Mulberry oak Bayswater, handheld, not shoulder bag. recently I reduced stuff I carry because it was just super heavy - my stuff and student papers, kindle, ipad ......every day was like physical work just carrying stuff. And I forgot about PS1.

I opened Fashionphile "last call", to be honest, my favorite spot for forgotten, left aside gems...so many rare styles of Balenciaga I bought from them, for a crazy bargain.

The I saw HER - medium PS1 in Orchid, well used, with amazing patina. For $305 sitting there, with the most beautiful shine I have ever seen, in a gorgeous, totally unexpected color for me. It is the style, size, color and also a big plus - the sheen from wearing, patina which you have to build up for years, all came together to make it perfect. Just liek what my husband (musician) said about speaker cabinets - they can look great and new, but until you find the one which is just yours, can be old rugged and forgotten, but it speaks to you . Not many bags are so much better with use than this leather and in this color, I was IN LOVE.

Somewhere deep inside I was always drawn to this color, because most of my SLGs from Hermes, Bottega Veneta and Mulberry are in orchid. All came to its place now.

It is so nice in size that all my personal stuff and ipad and kindle and lecture notes on numerous USBs, everything fits fabulously, if papers need to be carried, a pouch or a laptop crossbody will do (I have one in stripes with one of the colors is this one LOL.

At once jumped and bought Chan Luu Cashmere-silk scarf in Boysenberry ...and will live happily every after.
chan_luu.jpg proenza-schouler-lambskin-medium-ps1-satchel-orchid-00.jpg proenza-schouler-lambskin-medium-ps1-satchel-orchid-10.jpg

congrats, Miss Vesna, on your beautiful orchid!!!
(i must confess, i too share the love for Proenza's orchid:P)

this is my photo of the large PS1 in orchid from SS12.
i love this shade of pink, it's very subtle, deep and rich, not bright at all.
though just intense enough to be eye-catching and bold enough to go with everything.
i have orchid in a medium PS1 as well, but it's in a suede leather.

please enjoy this beauty in the best of health, you couldn't have made a better choice
:heart::heart::heart:

P1070211_zps7f5071d1.jpg

Reactions: IntheOcean
congrats, Miss Vesna, on your beautiful orchid!!!
(i must confess, i too share the love for Proenza's orchid:P)

this is my photo of the large PS1 in orchid from SS12.
i love this shade of pink, it's very subtle, deep and rich, not bright at all.
though just intense enough to be eye-catching and bold enough to go with everything.
i have orchid in a medium PS1 as well, but it's in a suede leather.

please enjoy this beauty in the best of health, you couldn't have made a better choice
:heart::heart::heart:

View attachment 4348949
ahh, that is divne bag, suede sounds great too....I have a little thing about suede - that is my favorite of all materials, but would never buy used suede, that has to be new and here where I live , it is so clean and cold in the winter, suede can remain clean and beautiful even the lightest color, I use it a lot :smile:

ahh, that is divne bag, suede sounds great too....I have a little thing about suede - that is my favorite of all materials, but would never buy used suede, that has to be new and here where I live , it is so clean and cold in the winter, suede can remain clean and beautiful even the lightest color, I use it a lot :smile:

ITA about suede, it has to be handled very carefully as the material is very sensitive to dirt and they are high maintenance to keep clean:sad:
i believe i have only two suede medium PS1s - in orchid and raspberry. i'm still waiting for the right time to break them out - i fear they'll get stained quickly:amazed:

please post modeling pic with you and your beautiful orchid if you ever get the chance:flowers:

ITA about suede, it has to be handled very carefully as the material is very sensitive to dirt and they are high maintenance to keep clean:sad:
i believe i have only two suede medium PS1s - in orchid and raspberry. i'm still waiting for the right time to break them out - i fear they'll get stained quickly:amazed:

please post modeling pic with you and your beautiful orchid if you ever get the chance:flowers:
That's such a lovely color, congratulations on your new Proenza! For $305 that's a steal, in my opinion, when you consider the price of a new one. Would you consider posting a few modeling shots? Either here or in the Your PS in action thread?
I am waiting for Monday to get my scarf so that I can model them together. In the meantime, I am not liking shoulder strap length and I used Herms silk twilly to extend it. However , haha, it is not Hermes, it is exact replica made from a true Hermes scarf in my favorite motif Legende Kuna Peuple de Panama (I have few twillies in that motif), but this time someone made a perfect twilly and sold as original, and it was way too expensive to return, so I kept it. GREAT use now as I do not carry it anyway, I am not loving embellishments like a twilly on handle ....this is just perfect, I will style it when I have the time, just here with a twilly as a cross-body, with Vivienne Westwood shawl -- I live in brutal cold, so cashmere Chan Luu + this shawl over will do fine :smile:

Everything else is grey - puff jacket and tall "combat" Doc Martens.
mod1.jpg mod2.jpg

I always wanted a PS1 large, in camel, and was thinking for years how many work school bags I have. I teach and have a few brown work bags like Mulberry oak Bayswater, handheld, not shoulder bag. recently I reduced stuff I carry because it was just super heavy - my stuff and student papers, kindle, ipad ......every day was like physical work just carrying stuff. And I forgot about PS1.

I opened Fashionphile "last call", to be honest, my favorite spot for forgotten, left aside gems...so many rare styles of Balenciaga I bought from them, for a crazy bargain.

The I saw HER - medium PS1 in Orchid, well used, with amazing patina. For $305 sitting there, with the most beautiful shine I have ever seen, in a gorgeous, totally unexpected color for me. It is the style, size, color and also a big plus - the sheen from wearing, patina which you have to build up for years, all came together to make it perfect. Just liek what my husband (musician) said about speaker cabinets - they can look great and new, but until you find the one which is just yours, can be old rugged and forgotten, but it speaks to you . Not many bags are so much better with use than this leather and in this color, I was IN LOVE.

Somewhere deep inside I was always drawn to this color, because most of my SLGs from Hermes, Bottega Veneta and Mulberry are in orchid. All came to its place now.

It is so nice in size that all my personal stuff and ipad and kindle and lecture notes on numerous USBs, everything fits fabulously, if papers need to be carried, a pouch or a laptop crossbody will do (I have one in stripes with one of the colors is this one LOL.

At once jumped and bought Chan Luu Cashmere-silk scarf in Boysenberry ...and will live happily every after.
View attachment 4348731 View attachment 4348732 View attachment 4348733
Congratulations. She is a beauty!