Loulou crease care?

bisbeepurse

Jul 28, 2020
Apologies if this has been asked before, but for those who have the Loulou, which is notoriously known for creasing, what is your care routine when it comes to preventing creases? Or if a crease/dent has already formed, what do you do? Thanks!

Not too helpful, but I skipped the Loulou for the college bag as it offered more space and the puffy quilts seemed to be a problem in the future, it is a gorgeous bag though and one of my friends has it and also complains about wrinkles and creasing, she puts a towel over it and then a hand streamer to avoid the leather being damaged, once it is dry she conditions it with a leather gel (could ask her which one) but repeats it about once a month, much too fussy for my taste

I am careful with my bag. I think keeping the bag full keeps it from getting creases because if something presses against the bag, the leather has nowhere to go. Also, as the bag has a strong magnetic closure, the flap can crease if not opened carefully. I place my thumb and index finger on each side of the magnet and slide under flap to open.

I only own the toy size and not sure if creasing is an issue on this size...but honestly, if it did I would just use the bag and not worry about it. It would look like a well loved bag in my opinion!

I have the toy, and sadly it’s not immune. Mine had a very slight warp that I didn’t even pay attention to when I got it but it has become more pronounced over time. Assuming nothing can be done about this - ? So I don’t let it bother me. It looks worse here as I specifically angled it in the light to show the issue...it’s really not as noticeable. But would definitely encourage anyone to carefully inspect their Loulous before committing for any creases/warps in the leather and pick one that is as pristine as possible!

2FD9E2B1-D969-4EF8-99F7-880FE605D213.jpeg

I have the toy, and sadly it’s not immune. Mine had a very slight warp that I didn’t even pay attention to when I got it but it has become more pronounced over time. Assuming nothing can be done about this - ? So I don’t let it bother me. It looks worse here as I specifically angled it in the light to show the issue...it’s really not as noticeable. But would definitely encourage anyone to carefully inspect their Loulous before committing for any creases/warps in the leather and pick one that is as pristine as possible!

View attachment 4937178

Just curious, how long have you had the bag for and how often did you use it? Is there anything to your knowledge that could have made the dent deeper over time?

I just bought a small Loulou and the SA said I could take the banged up one since they didn't have any in the back I made him order another one from another store so fingers crossed it hasn't been manhandled! Didn't realize this was an issue for the Loulou

Just curious, how long have you had the bag for and how often did you use it? Is there anything to your knowledge that could have made the dent deeper over time?

I just bought a small Loulou and the SA said I could take the banged up one since they didn't have any in the back I made him order another one from another store so fingers crossed it hasn't been manhandled! Didn't realize this was an issue for the Loulou

Mine is almost two years old now. The first year I was using it pretty much daily and I think the warping deepened just with use as the leather softened.