Louis Vuitton VS Chanel

I think it depends on the bag. Sometimes I look at the Chanel bags and thing they look good on older women. But then you see the LV monogram everywhere - as it is getting more and more popular. I love LV, but I have strayed from the monogram to other lines (epi and vernis).

I might be willing to try Chanel if they had a bag which didn't look like an old woman's bag. No offence to anyone who loves Chanel...

Reactions: Namwan-
As being slightly older, still I do not care for Chanel handbags in general, but I do like their clothes. LV handbags are more versatile and I love most of them. But again, you have to buy the bag that you feel more comfortable wearing.

I think it's interesting when people say LV is more common than Chanel, I mean isn't this just a given? If we factor in the cheapest bag of both brands, it goes without saying that many more can afford LV compared to Chanel. My question is; why would this influence whether you prefer one brand to another? To my knowledge, you prefer a brand because of its product offering and whether it fits/suits with you and your lifestyle, not whether it's been seen on X, Y & Z. Perhaps I'm wrong?

In regards to the original question, I do agree with many posters that Chanel requires a dressier outfit however I think most, if not all of these posters are basing this on the elusive Classic Flap/2.55/Reissue. There are many Chanel handbags that are equally as casual as LV (think Coco Cocoon) and equally as many LV bags that are dressy like Chanels. What I'm trying to say is that it is relative, we buy what we like.

I suspect there are many LV buyers who buy predominantly the more casual bags such as Speedy, Eva (granted, this is debatable on how its worn), Neverfull and there are others who buy the dressier bags such as Sobe, Limelight, Brea etc.

I would say it's hard to choose between the two because they both offer a wide selection of products aimed at niches in the market, but not necessarily the same market. One poster mentioned earlier they preferred LV for variety but Chanel for elegance, and this is perfectly put. I think LV go for more of a 'fashion forward' crowd, particularly with their seasonal offerings whereas Chanel aims for women who are after a lot of investment for their money.

Just my opinion.

if cost wasn't an issue, i would love to buy me a chanel. wanted to buy me a WOC for christmas(I love this one) but finally i bought an LV again!!! i don't know why! perhaps guilty conscience??

at the moment i would say LV suits my lifestyle best because its more durable and a bit more careless i think. furthermore my first designer bag was a LV and i think i'm stuck on this^^!!! but i hope someday i will own a chanel too!!!

I prefer Chanel because it looks classier and holds its value better.
I started off with LV but lost interest when I started seeing LV everywhere, especially the monogram

I like Chanel but LVoe LV I gave my one and only Chanel away to my sis, it just doesn't grab me like LV...I found the opposite I started seeing Chanel and a whole lot of fake Chanels everywhere and was put off by that! although I can't say I'll never buy another one!

OP get what you know you'll love!

I find that I only like a few bags from Chanel, and they're all part of their classic collection: GST, jumbo, m/l and kelly. LV have so many bags that I love, and they keep releasing new styles. I like both, but I like LV better.

i am a LV lover. so i will choose LV
i did think about saving up and get a chanel classic flap, but i just feel LV suits my lifestyle more! especially the canvas and epi line.... so in the end my savings still go to LV. i think chanel is too expensive for me to use it. even though i get one, i might get paranoid and too tired to use it LOL~~~

to kenny: i agree with ur opinion . didnt meant to offend anyone. this is just my personal experience. 2 months ago, i was just checking out under "chanel" topic, found one tread chatting about chanel black classic flap is getting too common, and a few of chanel bag owner doesnt feel exclusive anymore.. they feel like moving up to gut hermes instead of chanel in the future.

i think... there is a minority of ppl buy designer bags to be exclusive .... not to fit their lifestyle. seeing more and more ppl carrying the same designer handbags would defeat their purpose of getting those bags.