Louis Vuitton Vernis embossing wear and tear

LVLover24

Jan 3, 2013
Hey guys! So last week my mom came in and handed me what seems to be a vernis zippy monogram wallet in black but what's more shocking is that she said she bought it from a yard sale for really cheap. It looks legit but then again replicas are getting really good, the date code is where it's supposed to be and it's stamped where it's supposed to be as well, only thing is that the embossing is really faded almost gone, I mean if you look and feel really close you can tell its there but by looking at it far it looks like it's almost not even there. The wallet is well used and preloved, some of the cc slots are torn in between (you know in the middle). Now my question is for anyone that's had a vernis product for years.. Does the embossing fade after years of use? It's not deep at all like I said its kinda fading. Thanks to anyone who answers and sorry if I confused anyone

I know some Vernis pieces have deeper embossing then others. I don't know about embossing fading with use though. I think you need to have the piece authenticated possibly by Carol Diva or Authenticate4U so you can know if it's real or not. Fake pieces can have date codes and heat stamps in the correct places but they're still fake.

I know some Vernis pieces have deeper embossing then others. I don't know about embossing fading with use though. I think you need to have the piece authenticated possibly by Carol Diva or Authenticate4U so you can know if it's real or not. Fake pieces can have date codes and heat stamps in the correct places but they're still fake.

Thank you, I'm thinking about having it authenticated, I'm just going to make sure I take clear pictures

I'm trying to take pics but you can't really see the embossing at all with the flash of the phone. Hmm it makes me think it's a fake since the embossing is not deep at all, I'll have to try in natural light :sad:

Ohh, my neighbor told me it was the noir magnetique color

That isn't years old. If that was the wallet it would be new, not years old. And I don't believe it ever came in the zippy wallet. Why not call the 1-800 and ask? That would clear it up in your mind. I've seen the "black vernis" fakes for years. It's one of the most common fakes in the vernis line. They've been faking black vernis for over 10 years unfortunately.

Thanks guys, all of you have helped so much!! I am planning on calling in and asking or better yet I'll walk in the store and take it in:smile:
Taking it in to LV? They don't authenicate and it might be rather embarrasing since as others have mentioned, the black vernis zippy has only been out for a short period of time, I don't even think 2 years. If the hardware is not gunmetal, it's definitely fake. If you have a relationship with an SA s/he will help you, otherwise they will probably tell you they don't authenticate. HTH