Louis Vuitton Speedy Strap :) opinions needed.

EALV13

Jan 20, 2018
Hi everyone, I recently got the classic speedy 30 in DE. But I’m now considering buying an additional strap to have in the bag. I know there’s a major divide over whether or not it looks nice, or how it can affect the bag, I only want to have it in the bag as a just incase, or if I need my hands free. Has anyone done this with their classic speedy, stuck between the 12mm or 16mm strap size. Thanks in advance :smile: :smile: :P:wave:

Reactions: jill39
I have done it all the time with my two classics, and people did it for ages before the “b” came out.... it’s THE LV hack so I wouldn’t worry about that....I would go with the 16mm strap because the 12 mm looks too skinny I think and tends to dig into shoulders more!

Thanks so much for the reply :smile: that’s decided so, I’ll go for the 16mm strap :biggrin: I just prefer the look of the classic when there’s no strap attached as opposed to the speedy b when it has no strap , thanks again :smile:

I just bought a 16mm strap for mine and it's fine, but I wouldn't want to go any thinner than this, 12 would be too skinny IMO.

Ah perfect :smile: yeah I think I’ll definitely have to go with the 16mm, I want to have it to go inside the bag as a just incase.

Would those of you who have the straps already care to show pictures of their bags with the additional strap and the bag loaded as usual (not empty I mean)? Thanks a lot in advance!

I ended up google imaging, ‘speedy with added strap’ and loads popped up, was good to see it on the different sizes. Hope that helps xx

Reactions: PrincessAsya
Would those of you who have the straps already care to show pictures of their bags with the additional strap and the bag loaded as usual (not empty I mean)? Thanks a lot in advance!

Ah perfect :smile: yeah I think I’ll definitely have to go with the 16mm, I want to have it to go inside the bag as a just incase.

I ended up google imaging, ‘speedy with added strap’ and loads popped up, was good to see it on the different sizes. Hope that helps xx
I'll take a photo of mine tomorrow :smile:

20180217_094910.jpg 20180206_163352.jpg

Here are mine. The monogram is from 2010 and the DE from 2014. I have had no issues with mine wearing them with the strap this way, although I don't carry them like this continuously or overload the bags. I have had two Speedy B bags and sold both because I did not like the way they looked when worn on the shoulder. It is a personal preference, of course, but I love the look of the classic Speedy more than the Speedy B. Both straps are 16 mm.

Here you go, speedy 30 with 16mm LV strap - I hope this is useful :smile: The bag has my things in it, but is nowhere near full

View attachment 3971264 View attachment 3971265

Oh my god your bag is gorgeous :heart: the Epi leather is just stunning, ahh more excited now, thanks for sharing x

View attachment 3971380 View attachment 3971381

Here are mine. The monogram is from 2010 and the DE from 2014. I have had no issues with mine wearing them with the strap this way, although I don't carry them like this continuously or overload the bags. I have had two Speedy B bags and sold both because I did not like the way they looked when worn on the shoulder. It is a personal preference, of course, but I love the look of the classic Speedy more than the Speedy B. Both straps are 16 mm.

Oh my goddd, so fab, i have the DE, but seeing your monogram makes me want that now. Good to hear aswell that it doesn’t damage it, I agree about preferring the classic also, it’s mad it’s so 50/50 on which everyone likes :biggrin: Thanks so much for sharing :smile: you’ve made me even more excited now to get the strap :P xx

Reactions: cbarrus and Evia
Oh my god your bag is gorgeous :heart: the Epi leather is just stunning, ahh more excited now, thanks for sharing x

Oh my goddd, so fab, i have the DE, but seeing your monogram makes me want that now. Good to hear aswell that it doesn’t damage it, I agree about preferring the classic also, it’s mad it’s so 50/50 on which everyone likes :biggrin: Thanks so much for sharing :smile: you’ve made me even more excited now to get the strap :P xx
Thank you :flowers:

Thank you. I will say that there is some scratching on the hardware but that's going to happen with the Speedy B as well with metal rubbing against metal. Since you already have a Speedy that you love, I think buying the strap to make it more versatile would work well for you.

Reactions: SushiLover