Louis Vuitton runway shows...

Oniomaniac

Dec 25, 2008
Can you buy stuff at the Louis Vuitton runway shows? I've never been to a runway show, and was just wondering who gets invited, and if you can actually purchase the new stuff from there before it's even released. Thanks!

I don't know about LV specifically but I'm pretty sure at most shows, you place an order based on the looks you see on the runway or the "program" book as I call it. Some of the stuff designers will have stuff just for the show and not reproduce the item for sale. Many of them also have to "reinterpret" the clothes for street wear. The show is generally for editorial and very, very, VIPs (extremely wealthy = great paying customer or celebrity that gives them exposure). But yes, many times you can place an order before they hit the stores.

I just received an invitation to the upcoming spring/summer show, I've never been before so I don't know much about it right now but I'll be sure to post the 411 on what exactly goes on at it once I go. It sure would be exciting to be able to purchase stuff there, I'm crossing my fingers!