Louis Vuitton Reveal: Kensington Bowler 2016

Dec 10, 2013
Went to LV intending to pick up a new bag that just came out "the Flandrin" and was in love with the Bois de Rose color (seeing this online). Then when I saw it in person, it didn't look as nice at all. It looked flimsy and almost cheap looking. It had no weight at all, it was sooo light weight which (I can't explain the feeling) seemed like...it didn't feel like a almost $2k bag. Then I noticed this bowler bag sitting in front of me and I was like...oh that looks interesting! As soon as I put it on, I was in love! It was actually only less than $200 diff in price. So, here's my new 2016 Kensington Bowler in Damier Ebene ImageUploadedByPurseForum1468613710.304009.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1468613742.018952.jpg

Hi centercitychic, initially I wanted the Kensington but the stores seemed to not have it in stock. Last Sunday, the store in Waikiki had 2 Kensington and 10 in the Flandrin in the 3 colors that it came in (monogram w/ cherry, noir, & Boise de rose) was able to compare all 3. Then it was between the 2 Kensington. I went with the Bowler bcoz, 1st it just came out early this year, it's a nice size, just slightly lighter than the Kensington, many compartments, and 2zippers to shut it and the strap is adjustable and wider than the strap of Kensington. (BTW, Kensington and Flandrin r identical but Kensington is better in my opinion, it looks more chic) I also like that when ur using the strap, the 2 handles flaps down. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1468614918.246863.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1468615080.376333.jpg

Pretty bag, congrats! and your Alma looks great on you too :tup:

Thanks Sayakayumi, I luv my Alma but dang, this color is so hard to wear hahaha. Bcoz it's ivory I always have to make sure my outfit won't rub off or transfer color to it and super careful carrying it. It's like holding a delicate flower when using it! But despite all that.....I luv it and I just have to continue toting it like a delicate flower! LOL

Reactions: sayakayumi
I love all of the compartments. Maybe I can finally get an LV for my Mom. She loves a bag with a lot of compartments. Can you post some mod shots so we can see how it looks? Thanks!

Beautiful!!! Love the pictures of the inside. Glad you got the bag that was right for you. Can't tell you how many times I'll see pics on LV's website or on here and really love the bag in pictures, but when you go to try it on and look it over, it then changes your mind completely.

Thank you guys! I've only used it the past 2 days and really loving it. I'll have my hubby take some mod shots this weekend and more detailed pics of it and will sure to post them. Good night all and have a wonderful weekend!