Louis Vuitton Resort 2015 Fashion Show

This collection looks very cartoonish, certainly not what I call couture. I am afraid LV is trying too hard to be nouveau and has lost their classy look. If you saw any photos from other big name designers' runway shows, LV pales in comparison. And their models are indeed too thin, but they also do not have the grace and elegance of other models. To me they look a wreck. I'm sure they don't care about a common customer like me, but I am done paying thousands for one of their bags. I think they will soon lose their stature as one of the sought after, premium brands.

This collection looks very cartoonish, certainly not what I call couture. I am afraid LV is trying too hard to be nouveau and has lost their classy look. If you saw any photos from other big name designers' runway shows, LV pales in comparison. And their models are indeed too thin, but they also do not have the grace and elegance of other models. To me they look a wreck. I'm sure they don't care about a common customer like me, but I am done paying thousands for one of their bags. I think they will soon lose their stature as one of the sought after, premium brands.

I agree, without Marc it just doesn't feel the same anymore.

Any updates?

Hi yes had a fabulous evening, the RTW were absolutely stunning irl. I got to try on some of the items and fell in love with a black dress with matching belt with gold V on it and a blue top with gorgeous scalloped edging. I ordered both a they should arrive in about three weeks with any luck.

I did get some pics but they aren't very clear due to the lighting. Bags were lovely too. They also launched a new made to measure evening dress range, part of which includes being taken to Paris for the fittings - how amazing would that be? All in all I love the collection however the more busy bright patterns would be hard to wear for the average persons lifestyle. I've tried to pick some classics which I will be able to wear for many years.

I was given a chance to have a sneak peak at the Cruise Collection line up and here is my report. All prices are not final and subject to change.

Malletage

Alma BB $3950 comes in Red and Blue
Alma PM $4700 comes in Red (pictured) and Blue
Pochette Rabat $4400 comes in Red

attachment.php

Mask

Pochette PM $3375 comes in red (pictured), blue and yellow
Pochette GM $3825 comes in black and nude
Crocodiliens GM $12000 comes in red (Jan 2015 release) and black (pictured - crocodile bag)

attachment.php

attachment.php

V

Bucket GM $4050 comes in Blanc/Noir & Blanc/Tan (pictured)
Hobo PM $4500 comes in Blanc/Noir & Blanc/Tan & Bleuet/Noir

attachment.php

Louise PMM Chain $3825
attachment.php

Twist

PM Epi $3150 comes in Gold, Silver (pictured) and Black
attachment.php

PM Epi Malletage comes in Red, Blue and Black (pictured)

attachment.php

The blue epi Malletage looks lovely! I love how they have modernized the look of Epi leather handbags :smile:

The petit malles are all tempting...

I'd also love to see the tribal collection up close... it must look fascinating in person.