Louis Vuitton repair

Jul 16, 2012
Hi all, brought a bag from eBay , a saumur and it ha a repair done to it by a cobbler however that repair is now starting to unravel 😭 will LV not touch it now it's been repaired by someone else ? Is my best bet taking it to the cobblers again or ask when I go to LV next week ?

You could take it in but even if the SA at the store won't notice, if they send it to repair they might and the policy is not to repair
You wouldn't know for sure unless you try

Hi all, brought a bag from eBay , a saumur and it ha a repair done to it by a cobbler however that repair is now starting to unravel 😭 will LV not touch it now it's been repaired by someone else ? Is my best bet taking it to the cobblers again or ask when I go to LV next week ?
I took my older Speedy 25 in to the Jacksonville boutique when the zipper pull came off and rendered the zipper useless. It was 10+ years old but still in good shape otherwise, and I was willing to pay for the repair. The SA said they wouldn't touch it! I was so mad I sold it on eBay.

This might not be the best advice but maybe if u undo the cobblers work like take out the black stitches and extra leather he used to fix it and just tell Lv that the stitches fell apart recently then there's no trace of anyone else doing work on it? My aunts battered French purse had a whole panel of stitches come off (shes a monster to her things) and she decided to use black yarn to stitch it back together (god knows why) temporarily and when she took it in to get repaired they refused because she had done stuff to it even though it was only stitching through the old holes in the canvas where the original stitches came out. So I guess if it looked like no one ever touched it then they might fix it for you? Or at least replace the vachetta straps for a fee.