Louis Vuitton purchase limit (At least in the UK for now)

Poochie, from checking out this blog I can tell already you must be a good client for LV so of course there are no restrictions! its mainly for the Europeean markets as there is little resell markets in the us compare to the eu

I shall ask my SAs and store manager soon about this! In our region (Benelux and Nordic), it is not allowed to buy 2 identical items. I know in France for example it is possible to do so. The purchase limit seems random as I heard some UK and Germany customers were restricted.

I was just banned in Heathrow terminal 3 . I tried to buy a Felicie empreinte and was told I exceeeded my limit. They said no more than 2 bags in a 6 month period (I bought a kabuki speedy in January and pochete metis empreinte in February). The SA tried to argue with the manager that the felicie was an accessory and not a bag, but I still got banned. This seems a bit ridiculous

I was just banned in Heathrow terminal 3 . I tried to buy a Felicie empreinte and was told I exceeeded my limit. They said no more than 2 bags in a 6 month period (I bought a kabuki speedy in January and pochete metis empreinte in February). The SA tried to argue with the manager that the felicie was an accessory and not a bag, but I still got banned. This seems a bit ridiculous

I would definitely email LV and ask why there is this silly ban. I could understand someone buying multiple items of limited stuff like the latest trunk collection. Like I said earlier if someone fancies a new bag and can’t buy an LV one, they will take their money elsewhere but while LV are making money hand over fist ,they won’t care. When there is a significant dip in sales they may change their minds.

I don’t think there is a limit in US as everything is “regular” priced where as buying in Europe is always “discounted” for anyone who doesn’t reside in EU. Resellers take advantage of this thus restriction of pieces. I’m hoping to get some seasonal pieces at Heathrow this summer. I’ll have to see if I reach the limit...

Reactions: fabuleux
WOW... I'm already at my limit, 2 bags plus 1 SLG within a month, but US price is much higher than in Europe, the rule may not mean to apply to US purchases?

I had same problem in UK. I bought 6 items in 2017 and was trying to buy something in February. They checked my details and refused me. They said you are not allowed to buy 3 items within 6 months. I said I have been buying LV for 15 years and never heard of this. Anyway had to ask my friend to pay for the items and using friends details. Really made me so mad.

I had same problem in UK. I bought 6 items in 2017 and was trying to buy something in February. They checked my details and refused me. They said you are not allowed to buy 3 items within 6 months. I said I have been buying LV for 15 years and never heard of this. Anyway had to ask my friend to pay for the items and using friends details. Really made me so mad.
The reason I can think of is there are some professional buyers buy from Europe for their clients in Asian, US etc where the prices are much higher, so maybe it's the way they are trying to keep purchases made locally? Kinda of strange.

Hi
I just went to the store and tried to get some items. After they got my details and I was about to pay, the system refused it. As the SA told me they implemented a purchase limit on the Accessories/bags which is 3 items every 6 months due to a "stock shortage". Hope they will remove this limit soon.
I couldn't get my items in the end and I'm very sad to see Louis Vuitton heading towards Chanel's direction.
I have purchased more than 3 items during the second half of 2016, and they didn't say anything. I'm very very disappointed now.
BTW, no limits for the clothing/shoes/perfume etc.
Anyone had similar experience?

I think it’s in Portugal also have something similar. But maybe for foreigners?

SA told me I hit my max today after buying 1 SLG and 2 bags at Bond Street as far as leather goods were concerned as I wanted to look for a Montaigne too. She told me I could still purchase jewelry, perfume, bandeaus etc. So I was able to get a bandeau for my PM in addition.

Funny thing, is I would have been able to get the Montaigne too if my husband was with me.. guess it is per passport or something like that?

Reactions: B22
Just wondered what if you entered a different email address? Then that will create a new profile - will there be any way for them to check if they already have the same name and address on the system?

If so would using a different email address as well as home address work do you think?

Omg today I tried to buy a mini pochette accessoires and got rejected at the till point because I had already purchased 3 canvas related items in the past 6 months. Did not know about this policy in the UK; if they had told me about this during my first purchase I wouldn’t have trekked it to the store to try my luck at buying it. I will use a different email address next time if I try to buy any more items.

Just wondered what if you entered a different email address? Then that will create a new profile - will there be any way for them to check if they already have the same name and address on the system?

If so would using a different email address as well as home address work do you think?
Lmao I just saw this after I posted my post