Louis Vuitton Price Increase Master Thread

I don't think there is a set formula. You should search and read the other price increase threads. Some items only go up $20 and others go up $250+. The price increase is usually across the board with bags and luggage, I don't even look at LV jewelry so I wouldn't know if those prices go up.

I can't remember what year it was but the Mahina line went up hundreds of dollars. It was quite shocking. I was very pleased that my purchases were already made. Not sure what the reasoning is, some things don't increase at all.

First thing I did this morning (Feb 1) was to check LV website. Still no price increase. If anyone is in LV store today, please let us know if there is an update. Thanks!

What can you do about the increase...? Nothing so I honestly don't think I care. It is what it is. I would hate to be rushed into buying anything just because the prices are threatening. I feel that Louis Vitton should have increases anyhow, quite frankly, or everyone would be able to afford one and we'd all be walking around with Louis tucked in our arms...or Chanels draped on our shoulders... How is that a feeling of spoiling or decadence? It's not.

What can you do about the increase...? Nothing so I honestly don't think I care. It is what it is. I would hate to be rushed into buying anything just because the prices are threatening. I feel that Louis Vitton should have increases anyhow, quite frankly, or everyone would be able to afford one and we'd all be walking around with Louis tucked in our arms...or Chanels draped on our shoulders... How is that a feeling of spoiling or decadence? It's not.

Lots of people can afford LV already, despite the increase. Louis Vuitton is not as exclusive as maybe it once was...whether that's good or bad, depends on personal opinion.

And the problem with the price increase is that while the price is going up-up-up, the quality is going down the drain.

Lots of people can afford LV already, despite the increase. Louis Vuitton is not as exclusive as maybe it once was...whether that's good or bad, depends on personal opinion.

And the problem with the price increase is that while the price is going up-up-up, the quality is going down the drain.

I totally agree. I'm scared of buying from them because of the quality issues. Already had problems with my Neverfull and Eva and I hate fighting with rude SAs over quality problems.

I totally agree. I'm scared of buying from them because of the quality issues. Already had problems with my Neverfull and Eva and I hate fighting with rude SAs over quality problems.

Ooh bad :nogood: I just bought a Neverfull, I hope I don't have issues with it. Overall, I've been pretty lucky with my LVs (or I'm just not as picky as other).

gontygirl said:

Eeeek....a bit snobbish. In the end it's just "stuff" and theres so much more to life than stuff!

We already had the comment about how not everybody should be able to purchase luxury goods in the LV payment plan thread.
I don't care how many people run around with the same bag. It's not like I'm a better person just because I carry a bag that other people cannot afford.
It's just a bag, after all.
I hate being rushed into buying because of the price increases so LV can do what they want, I've fallen out of love and turning towards other brands.

Although I certainly do not like price increases, I'm afraid it's just a part of life. I'm not going to let it stop me from buying the handbags, charms and things that I will always use and continue to enjoy. I'll purchase when my budget allows and just enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Life's just too short!

P.S. I hope my heirs enjoy them as much as i do! :lolots:

So I have been eyeing on the Damier Neverfull (MM) for the past several weeks. It was listed on their US website for $850. I wanted to wait till I filed my taxes.... and guess what? I just went to their website and now the MM is listed at $940. I called my local LV store and asked the associate when the change happened and she said it went up this morning! And I'm beating myself for not getting it sooner...... ugh. I know they do their yearly or semi-yearly increases but why nowwwwwww!??! Sorry, I had to vent :sad: