Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM & GM Comparison

Is this helpful? Let me know if you need review on any other vintage LV.

• Sure,

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

lvlove1854

Apr 16, 2019
I own a consignment shop & I sold lots of Neverfull MM & GM.
Over time, I got so much information from you guys, I want to provide some values to you guys.
Here are things I gathered and hopefully this content help.
Photo Apr 14, 4 45 02 AM.jpg Photo Dec 09, 4 25 48 AM.jpg
Basic:
So, here are the basics.

In terms of size, Neverfull MM is 12.6 inches wide, 11.4 inches tall, and 6.7 inches deep.
Neverfull GM is 15.7 inches side, 12.8 inches tall, and 7.9 inches deep.
So, Neverfull GM is 3.1 inches wider, 1.4 inches taller, and 1.2 inches deeper than Neverfull MM

In terms of price, Neverfull MM retails mid 1,300 while Neverfull GM retails around low $1,400. And their price differences are around $80, which is very small. (Price may change over time)

In terms of size, both bags fit a lot!
However, as we all know, Neverfull GM will fit more.
MM fits daily essential; GM has extra spaces, you can put in your 1-3 days’ worth of clothes for travel, your camera, and any extra items.

Photo Apr 14, 1 57 29 AM.jpg Photo Feb 10, 3 46 55 AM.jpg
Comparison Factors:
Now that we went over basics, let’s take a look at factors that you should consider before deciding on MM or GM.
Five factors to consider are lifestyle, shape preference, your physique, purchase channel and resale value.

In terms of lifestyle, Neverfull MM, is best suited for everyday use.
With its ample storage space and light yet sturdy structure, Neverfull MM is a perfect shoulder tote for daily use.
Also, MM works well as a diaper bag.
Lots of people tend to buy Neverfull GM as a diaper bag.
However, after their purchases, many of them realize that Neverfull GM is simply too bulky to go hands-free to hold your kid’s hands or deal with hectic problems around them.
So, I personally recommend more manageable Neverfull MM as a diaper bag.

Now, I personally recommend Neverfull GM if you plan to use the bag for travel, gym, or school.
As you know, Neverfull GM fits a lot. Literally, your physical strength is the limit of how much you can fit in this bag.
As a result, Neverfull GM is perfect for occasions that require you to bring more than your daily essentials.

In terms of shape,
both Neverfull MM & GM have the same shape.
However, Neverfull GM does have a bit more versatility when it comes to its shape.
You can significantly lower the width of the bag by using the side strap.
And when you compare folded Neverfull GM with MM, there is not much size difference!
If you like this folded shape, Neverfull GM might be for you.

In terms of physique, it has been said that Neverfull MM looks great for people under 5’ 8’’ and Neverfull GM looks great on people over 5’ 8’’
However, for me, height is the least important factor. I think both Neverfulls work well for any height. Much more important factor is your shoulder health.
Neverfull GM fits a lot, and it can get heavy. So, if you have shoulder problems, you should avoid GM and get MM.

In terms of a purchase channel, if you are planning to purchase Neverfull from a resale market, we advise you to get Neverfull MM, since there are more out there.
Also, Neverfull MM is usually priced more competitively compared to GM.
If you are looking to get GM in the resale market, we advise you to be patient and take your time since there might be fewer choices. And obviously, if you are looking to buy Neverfulls new, MM & GM, are both great options!

In terms of resale value, Neverfull MM & GM do behave differently on the resale market.
If you are looking to resell your bag quickly, we recommend getting Neverfull MM.
In our opinion, there are simply more demands on the resale market for Neverfull MM.
So, usually, Neverfull MM will resell faster than GM.

However, if you are looking to resell your bag at a higher value, we recommend Neverfull GM.
Since Neverfull GM is rare on the resale market, GM’s value tends to hold up better than MM. GM on average holds up to 80% of its value while MM holds up to 65% of its value.
Both MM & GM are rock stars in retaining their values, but Neverfull GM does have a slight upper hand when it comes to the resale price.

If you will use this content somewhere else, just be polite and tag me @ccmalden.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent post! I haven't pulled the trigger on a NF yet because I really love the mono GM pivoine, but I know it is not as practical for my main need - travel/carry-on for flights mostly to NY/East coast (rain year-round). I rationalize that I could also use it for long weekends in CA more often. The DE would be the better choice for the carefree aspect (like my Speedy B DE). As for size, the MM seems more practical for everyday use. The GM mono looked huge on me in the store, but I loved how it was cinched and told myself I could use like that more often. So, yes...heart set on that GM! And so, I save...

Reactions: lvlove1854
Excellent post! I haven't pulled the trigger on a NF yet because I really love the mono GM pivoine, but I know it is not as practical for my main need - travel/carry-on for flights mostly to NY/East coast (rain year-round). I rationalize that I could also use it for long weekends in CA more often. The DE would be the better choice for the carefree aspect (like my Speedy B DE). As for size, the MM seems more practical for everyday use. The GM mono looked huge on me in the store, but I loved how it was cinched and told myself I could use like that more often. So, yes...heart set on that GM! And so, I save...
Yes! Every client of mine (regardless of heights) loved GM if they wanted to use a practical weekender/travel bag.
And if they loved cinched aspect of GM, they were 100% satisfied and told me that they feel like they bought both MM & GM, since you can change width lol.. (And btw- off the record, I prefer speedy b over nf, so you got a good collection)

It is great that you know what you want! Gluck on your journey to get NF GM. You should definitely let me know once you get one and which pattern you get! DE is great because of carefree aspect, as you said, and has amazing resale value too (although we never never ever sell our bags lol)

Thanks, this is great! Any idea about the relative weights and should strap drops?

I own a consignment shop & I sold lots of Neverfull MM & GM.
Over time, I got so much information from you guys, I want to provide some values to you guys.
Here are things I gathered and hopefully this content help.
View attachment 4458003 View attachment 4458004
Basic:
So, here are the basics.

In terms of size, Neverfull MM is 12.6 inches wide, 11.4 inches tall, and 6.7 inches deep.
Neverfull GM is 15.7 inches side, 12.8 inches tall, and 7.9 inches deep.
So, Neverfull GM is 3.1 inches wider, 1.4 inches taller, and 1.2 inches deeper than Neverfull MM

In terms of price, Neverfull MM retails mid 1,300 while Neverfull GM retails around low $1,400. And their price differences are around $80, which is very small. (Price may change over time)

In terms of size, both bags fit a lot!
However, as we all know, Neverfull GM will fit more.
MM fits daily essential; GM has extra spaces, you can put in your 1-3 days’ worth of clothes for travel, your camera, and any extra items.

View attachment 4458005 View attachment 4458006
Comparison Factors:
Now that we went over basics, let’s take a look at factors that you should consider before deciding on MM or GM.
Five factors to consider are lifestyle, shape preference, your physique, purchase channel and resale value.

In terms of lifestyle, Neverfull MM, is best suited for everyday use.
With its ample storage space and light yet sturdy structure, Neverfull MM is a perfect shoulder tote for daily use.
Also, MM works well as a diaper bag.
Lots of people tend to buy Neverfull GM as a diaper bag.
However, after their purchases, many of them realize that Neverfull GM is simply too bulky to go hands-free to hold your kid’s hands or deal with hectic problems around them.
So, I personally recommend more manageable Neverfull MM as a diaper bag.

Now, I personally recommend Neverfull GM if you plan to use the bag for travel, gym, or school.
As you know, Neverfull GM fits a lot. Literally, your physical strength is the limit of how much you can fit in this bag.
As a result, Neverfull GM is perfect for occasions that require you to bring more than your daily essentials.

In terms of shape,
both Neverfull MM & GM have the same shape.
However, Neverfull GM does have a bit more versatility when it comes to its shape.
You can significantly lower the width of the bag by using the side strap.
And when you compare folded Neverfull GM with MM, there is not much size difference!
If you like this folded shape, Neverfull GM might be for you.

In terms of physique, it has been said that Neverfull MM looks great for people under 5’ 8’’ and Neverfull GM looks great on people over 5’ 8’’
However, for me, height is the least important factor. I think both Neverfulls work well for any height. Much more important factor is your shoulder health.
Neverfull GM fits a lot, and it can get heavy. So, if you have shoulder problems, you should avoid GM and get MM.

In terms of a purchase channel, if you are planning to purchase Neverfull from a resale market, we advise you to get Neverfull MM, since there are more out there.
Also, Neverfull MM is usually priced more competitively compared to GM.
If you are looking to get GM in the resale market, we advise you to be patient and take your time since there might be fewer choices. And obviously, if you are looking to buy Neverfulls new, MM & GM, are both great options!

In terms of resale value, Neverfull MM & GM do behave differently on the resale market.
If you are looking to resell your bag quickly, we recommend getting Neverfull MM.
In our opinion, there are simply more demands on the resale market for Neverfull MM.
So, usually, Neverfull MM will resell faster than GM.

However, if you are looking to resell your bag at a higher value, we recommend Neverfull GM.
Since Neverfull GM is rare on the resale market, GM’s value tends to hold up better than MM. GM on average holds up to 80% of its value while MM holds up to 65% of its value.
Both MM & GM are rock stars in retaining their values, but Neverfull GM does have a slight upper hand when it comes to the resale price.

If you will use this content somewhere else, just be polite and tag me @ccmalden.

Thanks, this is great! Any idea about the relative weights and should strap drops?
Hmm.. don't quote me on this, but I think the relative drop and the weight between MM & GM are very similar. GM is slightly heavier due to its larger size, but not a big difference.

But GM can fit way more than MM, so if you fill up GM then GM can get heavy compared full MM.

Thank you very much for reading through! I am happy that this gave you some value.

And yes, I totally understand :smile: I own a consignment shop, so I wanted to provide some perspectives from the resale side.

From what I've read on different posts, many do like to know the resale value on some of their handbags they purchase.
Again, you hit a lot of valued information.

Great info. I was in that situation 10 years ago. Ended up with GM because it was meant as a diaper bag. Never used it because it’s too big. Pulled it out last year, yes, that’s a long time, used several times in between, as a travel bag and I’ve finally found how useful it is. MM is great for daily bag, GM is great as a travel bag with kids stuff water bottles, jackets etc.

I am on the look out for a MM, still waiting for a limited edition that I love.

Great info. I was in that situation 10 years ago. Ended up with GM because it was meant as a diaper bag. Never used it because it’s too big. Pulled it out last year, yes, that’s a long time, used several times in between, as a travel bag and I’ve finally found how useful it is. MM is great for daily bag, GM is great as a travel bag with kids stuff water bottles, jackets etc.

I am on the look out for a MM, still waiting for a limited edition that I love.

I am happy to hear that you are now using GM! I am sure inside the closet it got really good even patina!
And yes, I love the limited edition. I was in love with Neverfull Mm Grace Coddington Catogram Cats Tote, but it sold out when I realized it existed lol.

which limited edition do you have eyes on?

Reactions: nvie
I am happy to hear that you are now using GM! I am sure inside the closet it got really good even patina!
And yes, I love the limited edition. I was in love with Neverfull Mm Grace Coddington Catogram Cats Tote, but it sold out when I realized it existed lol.

which limited edition do you have eyes on?

I didn’t have to worry about the patina as mine was Damier Ebene. I regretted not buying the Yayoi Kusama Waves Neverfull MM in White. Again missed out on the Rampages. So I’m keeping my eyes open for the next limited edition, they are usually a hit or a miss.

I didn’t have to worry about the patina as mine was Damier Ebene. I regretted not buying the Yayoi Kusama Waves Neverfull MM in White. Again missed out on the Rampages. So I’m keeping my eyes open for the next limited edition, they are usually a hit or a miss.
Yayoi Kusama Waves is such an amazing and historic bag, because I really think that bag really kinda started the wave of limited edition. Good luck finding one!

Reactions: nvie