Louis Vuitton Mens Fall 2009 Collection

freshmess

Aug 19, 2007
I've been trolling the net the last few hours for images from the Louis Vuitton Mens Fall 2009 Runway Show which debuted yesterday in Paris and finally I found my way to WWD.

Brands are playing to their strengths and this was writ large at Louis Vuitton, where Marc Jacobs and Paul Helbers, men’s wear studio director, put accessories and luxury travel front and center. Describing this quiet collection as “the traveling wardrobe of an African King, adapting his taste for a trip to Paris,” Helbers opted for tailoring which was more French than African. Military jackets in antelope leather or alligator were faintly reminiscent of the tribal theme that pulsed through Vuitton’s latest women’s show. “(It’s) much more subtle and I think that’s good in men’s so you don’t have costume party going on,” Jacobs said. Faint prints of flora and fauna crept on to formal satin jackets, which were paired with a generous trouser shape, pleated in the front for a draped effect. A slate blue cashmere coat was elegantly belted at the waist while a double-breasted velvet jacket was worn with vivid red sneakers designed by Kanye West. Hoodies, scarves and knit hats added a sporty edge to many looks. But no European safari is complete without luggage and the Vuitton man won’t be traveling lightly. Bag after bag of every description appeared, from a Keepall built like a soccer ball – a wink to African’s passion for the sport – to a monogrammed trunk that had to be wheeled down the runway.

Just sharing the photos for now as it's late here in Oslo. Boys (and girls) discuss.

louisvuitton02hr2.jpg

louisvuitton03vh7.jpg

louisvuitton04tg3.jpg

louisvuitton05rd6.jpg

louisvuitton07js9.jpg

It looks like the Waterproof Monogram Keepall has found brothers in a briefcase, a Steamer bag, a Sac Plat (and Keepall as mentioned above) built like a soccer ball and several luggage pieces.

I spot a Graphite, and is that Damier Geant in several incarnations I see?

Probably a piece d'resistance line is the one with those embossed LVs. Is this the alpha male version of the Vernis? I see a Keepall (or is it a man Speedy) and a Steamer bag.

Guys do get the glitter in this collection, with these totes in iridescent material. One's even like the Lurex scarf made into a man bag.

My descriptions are so elementary. LOL. We've got to wait for and see the details.

Last edited:
Loving many of the bags...it is interesting to see how some are very masculine - or as masculine as LV gets (following the graphite line, and the waterproof pieces), whilst others offer a complete contrast being rather more feminine in style (cube esq piece, and the glitter).

It will be very interesting to see what makes it to stores.