Louis Vuitton Key/lock

dceneus

O.G.
Jan 5, 2006
I have a quesiton and would be really greatful for some help. I just took a look at my the set of keys that go with my speedy. I noticed that it seems to be changing color, it's getting darker. Has anyone had this problem before? I purchased my Louis on eluxury and took it to the store to get it looked over. Its just that for the amount of money I paid for this bag you would think they would provide a key that doesn't change color. Help

o goodness.. it's a metal it will do that. if you want something that won't ever change color, get plastic. but even those change color over time.

brass is a natural element/material (the lock & key are NOT gold.. it's a gold color. which is called brass) and it's in it's nature to become darker over time. which is what a lot of places selling lamps/etc in a finish called "antique brass" - it's an antiqued finish of a dark stained brass.. that will only get darker when it ages. it's a natural process and you can't stop it.

you can however, CLEAN it or use brasso and shine it back up again.

hmmm...well the only way for it to STOP changing color is to isolate it from any air (ie OXYGENNNNNNN!) because it's an oxidation process and the more it's exposed with the environment + humidity in the air (or from your hands, weather, rain...etc) then eventually you'll end up with the famous --> RUST!