Louis Vuitton in SAN JUAN, PR!!!!???

mustlovecatz

Mar 6, 2008
im going on a cruise (for the first timne ever)...and the first stop is SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico.... and that the only destination where there is an LV!!!!! so does ANYONE know where the LV is from the cruise port???????? also is there tax??? Thanks

I visited the LV in Puerto Rico two years ago and I had to pay tax.
I remember that we had to take a taxi to get there. It wasn't close to the port.

tosh is correct; the LV in San Juan is too far to walk from the cruise port. It's in the posh neighborhood of Coronado, about a 15 minute taxi ride from Old San Juan where the port is. It's an area with lots of hotels so you don't have to worry about finding a taxi back. And yes, a sales tax is imposed on LV. I remember it being between 5.5% and 6.5%. This practice didn't start until 2006 when the U.S. government decided to levi sales tax on the commonwealth. The SA's are pretty nice, but they don't seem to know too much about the product line. I ended up getting a thank you letter from the SA that helped me when I returned to the U.S.

Enjoy your cruise!

Tax is 7% and the boutique is located in the Condado area on Ashford Ave. It is next to Gucci & Cartier. The SA's are very nice. The phone number is 787-722-2543 just in case you need to contact them. Have an awesome cruise!!

There are also two other LV stores in the Carribean: Aruba and St. Thomas. St. Thomas is part of the US Virgin Islands. I agree, the SAs at the Puerto Rico store are all very nice. The store is small but the friendly staff more than makes up for that. Have fun and enjoy your Carribean cruise!