Louis vuitton favorite mm or gucci disco bag

hello tfp'ers
I know i am on the lv forum but whiich would you choose?
i am still on the hunt for a good everyday crossbody.
I've been eyeing the black gucci disco bag or the louis vuitton favorite mm. anyone have both and prefer one over the other? any other everyday crossbody recommendations? thank you!!!

:cool:

hello tfp'ers
I know i am on the lv forum but whiich would you choose?
i am still on the hunt for a good everyday crossbody.
I've been eyeing the black gucci disco bag or the louis vuitton favorite mm. anyone have both and prefer one over the other? any other everyday crossbody recommendations? thank you!!!

:cool:

The Gucci disco looks very plain... Like there isn't anything I see about it that makes it special.... Very basic. I like the favorite mm worn, it looks very pretty - however, I don't like the stitching on the backside of it & it would be too small for me as an every day bag. But if those are the choices I say favorite! I'm not sure how much you carry? The size might work for you. I'm currently using the Turenne pm as my everyday crossbody.

Good luck!

I'm not a fan of the disco bag, I've tried both on and found that I couldn't fit enough in the disco bag. Something about the shape of it makes it more difficult to fit everything I need inside. I prefer the favorite MM.

As for a different everyday crossbody recommendation, I would very highly recommend the Pochette Metis. It's beautiful, fits everything I need, can be worn crossbody, over the shoulder, or even handheld. Since I purchased it last month, I've used it quite a lot and it's a great piece.

I'd take the stuff you would plan to use everyday in a small crossbody with you to Gucci & LV, test it inside both bags & then decide. You'd be annoyed if your things didn't Tetris correctly within the Disco or if they were bulky inside the Favorite

Also depending on whether this is a positive or a negative if you wait a few weeks for Black Friday, seasonal Disco colors will likely be on sale at Gucci

I've had both and I much prefer my disco - I ended up selling my favourite mm.

I don't like how the favourite cant be done up properly, just a magnetic closure and if you over fill it, you can't keep it closed at all. I also don't like how the leather strap attaches to the bag, it would look much nicer with the gold clip on both ends. Also metal bar gets constant fingerprints and marks on it. I also found that the disco can hold wayyyyy more than the favourite. As for the possible "goes on sale factor" it's mainly only the seasonal colours, so black, white or red aren't usually included in the sale as they are more permanent colours. Their sale is so minimal and I personally don't think it matters if it turns out the to be perfect bag for you. The gucci leather is amazing, so soft and luxouious feeling, you'll be hooked! I can't speak highly enough of the gucci quality and service. But I think the best thing for you to do is go and try both on and see what suits you best :smile:

The app isn't letting me upload photos ATM for some reason, but I have some pictures of what my disco can hold on my IG, search for inlvoe :smile:

Last edited: