Louis Vuitton Ellipse - Size? Crossbody? How much is a fair price? Should I get it?

I think I am mesmerized by the Ellipse shape..... Just like how I am obsessed with Alma. This is such a special shape!!! Haven't seen it anywhere else.... And I literally can't stop staring at the pictures. I WANT ONE.

Okay, so now the question is:

- What size? PM vs. MM (found a couple posts on this but want to hear new ideas again)
- Does this look good cross body?
- Is this a good everyday/travel bag?

And the most important thing: How much is a fair price pre-loved one?? Pm and MM I guess.....

Also the mini ellipse.... SOOO cute. Really want one too.

The problem is to locate preloved ones that are in excellent condition. I am slightly bothered by owning something someone touched extensively before -- too bad this bag is discontinued!!!!

Ladies, tell me what you think :smile::smile: You ladies are the best consultants.

There was the PM, MM and Ellipse Shopper which had shoulder straps. The Mini Ellipse was very cute but disappeared fast and you don't see that many pre-loved.

PM would work cross-body but probably not the MM, in my opinion. Good for every day use but probably not spacious enough for travel. The interior pockets are small and limited in their use (keys etc).

You can pick up well used Ellipses quite cheaply, especially if you are prepared to shop internationally. You could also obtain a quote for having the handles replaced if previous contact bothers you. The only other vachetta is the thin piped trim so little to worry about in terms of matching the patina.

HTH.

Go with MM...wouldn't pay more than $20 for it.

Indeed shameful with no place on this forum.

OP, I too love this classic shape. It may years to find the exact preloved item you want. I spent close to 2 years looking for an MC Kate clutch. Just keep trolling the resale sites and Ebay. One will come around.

Dear Ladies,

Anyone of you can do a mod shot of the Ellipse shopper?
I saw one selling rather cheaply and would like to get my hands on it?

is it very heavy?
good to be an everyday bag?