louis vuitton damier pegase 55 do you like it?

acjoy

O.G.
Feb 16, 2008
I just bought the Pegase 55 in damier and I'm kind of disappointed..... :cry:
I'm never disappointed about any of my louis...:confused1:
I first thought it was a fake to be truthful :faint:....my girlfriend who is also a TPFer and the " louis vuitton whisperer" because she can find any hard to find date code on anything LOL came over and of course found the date code right away :urock:....so we posted the pictures and we got a thumbs up from Lee.... As you can see I have a lot of luggage but this is my first luggage purchase in years.......

So my question goes out to anyone who has a pegase in any style.

Do you Lvoe it or just like it?

What style do you have and what do you like or dislike about it?

Do you think it's made to the standard of other top of the line suitcases?

What don't you like about it?

I just sold my monogram Pegase 55. Just wasn't working for me anymore.

Little things like the handle is hard to pull up and it seems kind of flimsy..I have a tumi, heys and samsonite 360 and to tell you the truth they seem way better in construction. Why did you sell yours what wasn't working for you?

Little things like the handle is hard to pull up and it seems kind of flimsy..I have a tumi, heys and samsonite 360 and to tell you the truth they seem way better in construction. Why did you sell yours what wasn't working for you?

Way too heavy, non spinner wheels, no interior pockets. And I agree with you about the handles being hard to grab b/c they lie flat. I got mine years ago when it still came with a garment bag, which was nice. But now that hubby and I have a baby, this style just isn't practical for our travel needs. Since I wasn't using it anymore, I decided to sell it and get something I would actually use. :smile:

Here's some attached pics of mine:

Attachments

• LV Pegase front.jpg
    LV Pegase front.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 2,979
  • LV Pegase top.jpg
    LV Pegase top.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 3,063
  • LV Pegase fold.jpg
    LV Pegase fold.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 3,176
  • LV Pegase unfold.jpg
    LV Pegase unfold.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 2,936
I would like to hear others' input on the Pegase - I've been considering buying one - that or a Prada trolley (which by the way is about $700 cheaper).

There does look like there's an inner zipper pocket on the Pegase on the LV website.

but if you don't have a trolley - what do you carry thru an airport? a full Keepall? those get VERY heavy on a shoulder when full. I'm not sure what to buy for air travel purposes...any input is appreciated.

I love mine! I bought it a few months ago. I had such a hard time carrying it out of the boutique, the bag was hugggee. Mine looks very different from Flip's

ka0iuw.jpg

9gfssl.jpg

I love all of the compartments inside, the divider, and the cover is perfect for if there isn't enough room on the plane and you have to put your bag below . The garment bag is an added plus!

21e999j.jpg

14te35.jpg

The only problem for me is the main handle. It is very hard to get up. Although the handles that lay flat can be annoying, it is actually nice because they won't get torn off like other suitcases I have had.

The wheels roll unbelievably smoothly and I feel so stylish carrying it through the airport :love:

Overall, I think it is a very nicely made piece. It will definitely last longer than other suitcases. However, it is expensive and if you are not happy with it, definitely return it!

What year was your Pegase made? It seems they have done a lot of updating on the new version with pockets, more hardware, etc. Perhaps you would be happier with a newer model? :flowers:

I love mine! I bought it a few months ago. I had such a hard time carrying it out of the boutique, the bag was hugggee. Mine looks very different from Flip's

ka0iuw.jpg

9gfssl.jpg

I love all of the compartments inside, the divider, and the cover is perfect for if there isn't enough room on the plane and you have to put your bag below . The garment bag is an added plus!

21e999j.jpg

14te35.jpg

The only problem for me is the main handle. It is very hard to get up. Although the handles that lay flat can be annoying, it is actually nice because they won't get torn off like other suitcases I have had.

The wheels roll unbelievably smoothly and I feel so stylish carrying it through the airport :love:

Overall, I think it is a very nicely made piece. It will definitely last longer than other suitcases. However, it is expensive and if you are not happy with it, definitely return it!

What year was your Pegase made? It seems they have done a lot of updating on the new version with pockets, more hardware, etc. Perhaps you would be happier with a newer model? :flowers:

Yeah mine is older, I bought it in 2004 (date code is from late 2003). The newer model is nicer, with more organization and better features, like the outside protective cover.

Ok let me add another question to the mix.
If you don't carry a Louis Vuitton suitcase then what other carry on suitcase do you carry?

I have a monogram Keepall Bandouliere 60, Pegase 55, Cabas Mezzo, and Nice train case, and Damier Geant Terre Souverain and Messager. I've sold all of them except for the Cabas Mezzo, Nice and Messager.

Now when I travel I use Samsonite for my check and carry on rolling luggage, and either Longchamp or Chanel as my carry on purse.

I don't have a carry-on suitcase. I only use holdalls/large bags for hand baggage. A Keepall is on my list!

I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a suitcase that needs to be checked, though. I've seen how they handle them!

I have a monogram Keepall Bandouliere 60, Pegase 55, Cabas Mezzo, and Nice train case, and Damier Geant Terre Souverain and Messager. I've sold all of them except for the Cabas Mezzo, Nice and Messager.

Now when I travel I use Samsonite for my check and carry on rolling luggage, and either Longchamp or Chanel as my carry on purse.

Do you like your nice train case? I have the old heavy train case but I just keep it on my table to look at and admire. Actually that's what I have done with all my suitcases except my keepalls. I have them stacked through my house and they look amazing...if I do say so myself LOL

I love my Nice! Of my entire LV collection, it's the one piece I don't think I could ever bear to part with. :love: (see attached pics)

Attachments

• LV Nice.jpg
    LV Nice.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 2,827
  • LV Nice mirror SLG.jpg
    LV Nice mirror SLG.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 2,856
  • LV Nice SLG.jpg
    LV Nice SLG.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 3,129