Louis Vuitton Cruiser Luggage

Nov 29, 2016
I have been enjoying Justine Pennel's videos on her vintage LVs she has collected while stationed in Japan. She showed a Cruiser 45 on her channel and I am fascinated. I did a little research here, and very little is said about it. Lots of people have asked for authentication, but then what? Did y'all buy them? Do people have them? What do you think?

On one hand, carrying that seems so awkward, but it is also so cool looking. I tend to only use my Keepall 50 for car trips, I could see how this would be good for the car (I do wonder how the capacities compare), but very hard to use at an airport.

I'm not asking for anything in particular, I am just curious what people's experiences and thoughts are on this very interesting bag.

Also, I just have to say, the Cruiser in Nomade is stinking gorgeous.

Reactions: BULL
I didn't keep the 40 I once had because it was cumbersome to carry. The way it folds is interesting and was appealing, but pure practicality and changing times regarding airline carry-ons, sizing, etc didn't make it practical. I couldn't carry with a shoulder strap if it was filled, as it got heavy and boxy. If you plan on just using for car trips, that's where it would work best. But if you are strictly a commercial airline traveler, it wouldn't be a good choice IMO. I can only imagine how a 45 would be more so, as the 40 one I owned was the smallest size at the time.

It is a gorgeous piece, I love the look of it and have debated adding a pre-loved one to my collection...but as travelbliss said above it seems impractical to carry a bag of that size (and weight once packed!) by hand. The green damier one they made for Tyler the creator's collection actually had a strap on it I noticed, which would make it a bit easier to use, but idk if that one even made it into production.

What @travelbliss said: Exactly what I thought someone was going to say. Boo hoo.

What I wanted anyone to say: Best piece ever! Part of the classic collection! Not as awkward as you think! Fits so much more than the Keepall and magically feels lighter! Totally worth the almost $3k price tag, but can be found vintage for under $500!

I absolutely love the look of it and how it appears to give extra space if zipped but not in cube shape. But as I try to lighten my load, I should really stop looking at this.

All bets are off if I see one in Nomade for a crazy good price, but I don't see that happening.

What @travelbliss said: Exactly what I thought someone was going to say. Boo hoo.

What I wanted anyone to say: Best piece ever! Part of the classic collection! Not as awkward as you think! Fits so much more than the Keepall and magically feels lighter! Totally worth the almost $3k price tag, but can be found vintage for under $500!

I absolutely love the look of it and how it appears to give extra space if zipped but not in cube shape. But as I try to lighten my load, I should really stop looking at this.

All bets are off if I see one in Nomade for a crazy good price, but I don't see that happening.

Sometimes, you just need to see things in person for yourself in order to answer your own questions. Perhaps buying one on Fashionphile just to examine, then return with tags. Once it's in your hands, you find the things you imagine about an item are right or just not what you thought. I've done that with many bags over the years.... :angel: it usually stops my obsessing ..... :P