Louis Vuitton at King of Prussia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2008
Hello Fellow TPF's,

It has been a long time since I visited the KOP store. I wanted to check out the Speedy chronograph and the 3 watch case. First and foremore, the store wasn't all that busy but I felt VERY uncomfortable with a particular individual in the store. I was being helped SA, looking up some new F/W shoes and some dude yells "How much do these costs" as he was holding a pair of white evidence sunnies. Mind you, we were at the counter, and he was where they showcase the sunnies. Daniel replied, they are 675. Then he goes back to me and fellow yells again, "How much do these costs?" holding another pair of shades and Daniel replies "Everything on that shelf is 675".
About 15mins later, as I am waiting for my purchases, the same fellow is wandering about the sunnies, holding one pair, spinning them while he is holding them like he is waiting for someone. Why does LV find handling of their merchandise acceptable? I can't tell you how many times that customers have entered the store and picked an item right off the shelf and an SA will come right over offering assistance.
Of course, by this time, there are 2 security guards around the men's department.
I guess the gist of my story here, I did not feel comfortable in the store, much less the mall yesterday. The gentlemen wasn't "polished", wearing jeans half off his rear, really gangster/ drug dealer stereotype. In fact, as I walked through the 2 different parts of the mall, they were everywhere. Loud, causing commotion and carrying on. My thoughts are is this mall better do something about this because people are not going to want to shop where they are not comfortable or safe. In addition, I was stared at by a few of them like I was a piece of steak as they were noticed some of my shopping bags. I felt like I was going to get mugged today!

Sorry to have rambled on but, jeez. Absolutely horrible. Not sure if it was just the day, the time or me?:tdown:
I will definately think twice before going to this mall again. Really eyeopening.

Sadly, this seems to be the case in a lot of malls now. I get very uncomfortable when I shop a lot lately. I know everyone has the right to be in any mall, but I think there should be some rules and regulations as to dress code, behavior and language. I have heard some pretty shocking talk as I pass some of these groups, and they're loud!!!

I no longer live in PA but when I did KoP was my mall of choice and I still visit every time I'm in town. I feel it is a mall for everyone including stores from LV to Old Navy. While I do wish that some patrons had better manners they have a right to be there as much as you do. While the man was wrong for shouting across the store your SA was just as wrong for answering. He should have excused himself from helping you, walked over to the man and answered his question and asked that he not yell in the store.

I feel that many think that because a person dresses or behaves a certain way they are not "worthy" of LV or in your case possibly not worthy of KoP. If you feel so strongly about the situation alert mall security on your next visit or simply dont shop there...

I love shopping at the K of P mall and especially visiting the LV store there.
I was there today also and had great time.
I agree with everything that LVJudy said.

You should come to the Ross Park mall in Pittsburgh, next time. It's a "high end" mall, so there are no Old Navy, Wet Seal, Rue 21 type stores. LOL (don't get me wrong, I buy 90% of my family's clothes from Old Navy)

Anyway, the mall is just really nice. There aren't a lot of kids and teenagers hanging around- which is one of the things that bugs me about mall- and the SA's at that store have always been SOOOO nice to me.

Plus, the LV store is pretty big (the one in Saks downtown is literally just one tiny counter) so they have tons of things. And again, the SAs there have always been SOOO nice!

Not that I don't think people are "worthy" of LV but if you are at all familiar with the crowd I am talking about, they are from the city. What I am trying to say is that all it is going to take is one mugging at the mall and people will not go there. Or at the very least, I won't. I felt watched by criminals and yes, I find their behavior unacceptable. Obviously the folks at Louis Vuitton felt the same thus, they were not "helping" him I suspect, in hopes he will leave the store. What about how he was handling the merchandise? I think everyone would agree, I did not feel comfortable shopping in that mall with what I call drug lords and criminals when all they do is walk around stalking. Not one of these "dudes" had a shopping bag, all had pants hanging off their rears and they all behave badly. I haven't been to this mall in about a year and never had a problem before. I do think the store is beautiful, the mall is great but where was the mall security? It looks like they went through a recession because I didn't see one guard other than the store security. As I mentioned, god forbid, someone gets mugged then it would be all over every news publication in the Philadelphia area.

A friend of mine said he went into the store yesterday and some guy, again with pants hanging off his rear walks in with a wad of cash, interrupts and tells the SA "my b*thc needs a bag".

I no longer live in PA but when I did KoP was my mall of choice and I still visit every time I'm in town. I feel it is a mall for everyone including stores from LV to Old Navy. While I do wish that some patrons had better manners they have a right to be there as much as you do. While the man was wrong for shouting across the store your SA was just as wrong for answering. He should have excused himself from helping you, walked over to the man and answered his question and asked that he not yell in the store.

I feel that many think that because a person dresses or behaves a certain way they are not "worthy" of LV or in your case possibly not worthy of KoP. If you feel so strongly about the situation alert mall security on your next visit or simply dont shop there...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that I don't think people are "worthy" of LV but if you are at all familiar with the crowd I am talking about, they are from the city. What I am trying to say is that all it is going to take is one mugging at the mall and people will not go there. Or at the very least, I won't. I felt watched by criminals and yes, I find their behavior unacceptable. Obviously the folks at Louis Vuitton felt the same thus, they were not "helping" him I suspect, in hopes he will leave the store. What about how he was handling the merchandise? I think everyone would agree, I did not feel comfortable shopping in that mall with what I call drug lords and criminals when all they do is walk around stalking. Not one of these "dudes" had a shopping bag, all had pants hanging off their rears and they all behave badly. I haven't been to this mall in about a year and never had a problem before. I do think the store is beautiful, the mall is great but where was the mall security? It looks like they went through a recession because I didn't see one guard other than the store security. As I mentioned, god forbid, someone gets mugged then it would be all over every news publication in the Philadelphia area.

A friend of mine said he went into the store yesterday and some guy, again with pants hanging off his rear walks in with a wad of cash, interrupts and tells the SA "my b*thc needs a bag".

:wtf:

Last edited by a moderator:
I find this a bit offensive, this thread is about stereotypes and complety out of place. just because a person does not behave or dress as you does not mean they shouldn't be allowed to browse and handle LV items.

I lived many years in "the city" I'm talking about Philadelphia and I know there's some problems and stuff but MOST people that dress the way you describe are very nice and NOT ganstas or drug dealers. You were not mugged, or follow to be saying you felt been "watched by criminals" just by the way they were dressed. It is very rude and not everyone that visit a mall have to walk out with shopping bags.

BTW my friend was "mugged" once and the guy was wearing a nice suit.

I myself went to KPO once dressed in flip flops, sweat pants and t-shirt no makeup and a pony tail. I was not planning a trip to the store and I did not felt the need to avoid it just because I was not dress to impress.

I had to wait like 20 minutes as I was ignored for a while, it wasnt until I interrupted a conversation between 2 SA that they noticed by my request that I was a serious buyer. I walked out spending over 2k for a bag that day and a bit upset as I was not treated as a valued costumer until I ask if they had the limited bag i was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.