Louis Vuitton Artsy MM Canvas Issues-Turning white

Yes, I took mine back to LV and they exchanged it on the spot! The lady said it's a known defect.
Having the same issue! Can you please tell me which store exchanged it?? I have been in the store and they told me I'd probably gotten hand sanitizer on it (nope--don't use it AND it has continued to peel) AND sent it to LV headquarters and they told me it was normal wear and tear. No WAY. I have vintage bags that do NOT look like this.

I have this problem with my artsy and sent it in for “repair” as the monogram has completely peeled off in SEVERAL places. I was told it was “normal wear and tear” … apparently a bag that is 6 years old and monogram has come off is “normal”???!
Same issue here. SENT it to LV hq and they told me it was normal wear and tear. NO WAY.

I spoke to a mgr at the LV store in Charlotte, NC. She said that it IS a known issue but the the standard policy from LV headquarters is to offer to replace the body of the bag for a charge (in my case it would be $2500 for my artsy) but offer nothing else. LV is not the iconic brand it used to be.

• Wow
Reactions: Cats&Bags
This is so unfair. LV most likely isn’t replacing the bag even though other SAs have said it’s a known issue simply because it’s not within 5 years of purchase date. I started a whole thread on this today for the mini Palm Springs. The responses you get apparently depends on who is helping you. I mentioned it’s unfair how they pick and choose who gets a replacement for known issues and plenty of people thought it’s the customer’s fault for not bringing it to LV’s attention sooner lol. I guess I’m not the only one who thinks fair treatment is a valid expectation and not “entitlement”

Reactions: ninrew
This is my first LV and it is almost 2 years old. The sides of the purse have turned white in spots. The bottom still looks brand new. I have cleaned it gently with a white rag and water. I have also used alcohol free baby wipes to clean the canvas and nothing helps :sad: When it is wet it completely disappears and looks brand new but as soon as it dries they show up again... its like it needs conditioning or an oil or something? Anyone have any advice or had this happen? I am soooo so sad it looks this awful after less than 2 years. You can see it in the

Last edited:
This is my first LV and it is almost 2 years old. The sides of the purse have turned white in spots. The bottom still looks brand new. I have cleaned it gently with a white rag and water. I have also used alcohol free baby wipes to clean the canvas and nothing helps :sad: When it is wet it completely disappears and looks brand new but as soon as it dries they show up again... its like it needs conditioning or an oil or something? Anyone have any advice or had this happen? I am soooo so sad it looks this awful after less than 2 years. You can see it in the picture. :sad:
Mine did that and they replaced it at the store.

Thank you so much for the information! I’ve had mine for 3 years so I hope they will replace it. I am going to take it in in a couple of weeks.
Hey! My Noe bb is 3yrs old and this started to appear too! Do u get an exchange? Went down to the boutique today and get accused of using baby wipes or any alcohol on the bag, which I didn’t use at all. Seriously who uses alcohol based wipes on their babies. Was so devastated with the answer and service just now.

My 2016 Graceful just came back from Louis Vuitton today. They said normal wear and tear. What a joke!

View attachment 5802715

View attachment 5802716
It's the new canvas. Do not buy any LV new canvas products. And, if you are shopping the pre-loved market, don't buy any canvas items manufactured after 2014. The Company claims that as they expanded into new markets over the past 2 decades, they had to comply with local laws that have more stingent rules regarding what materials go into imported products being sold in their countries.

This doesn't make any sense I know, because the original LV canvases were made of Egyptian cotton with other natural materials used for the coating. It doesn't get more "natural" than that. But that will be the official reason you are told as to why new LV canvas items wear and last differently than older items.

Basically, LV has cheapened its canvas "recipie," and new canvas bags will do this. You are seeing it left and right on Hobos and Tote styles: Gracefuls, Onthegos, Artsys, and Neonoes. The Company will consider it wear and tear and will regretfully inform you that no repair option is possible (as in even if you were willing to pay, it cannot be repaired or reversed in any way).

Your best bet is to walk in at the end of the month, find an advisor that needs to make his/her sales goal, and that advisor will fight for you with his/her manager to offer an exchange.

• Wow
Reactions: Monogramboy