Louboutin for under retail?

I will be making a trip to the US soon and am hoping to pick up my first pair of Louboutins:tender:, most likely a classic black pair. Not knowing the sale seasons and various discounts, I thought I'd ask you for help (I am also doing my own research, but asking locals is always enlightening!). Should it make any difference, I will be in San Fransisco, San Jose and Las Vegas at the end of the month until mid-late November.

Thank you all so much :flowers:

I will be making a trip to the US soon and am hoping to pick up my first pair of Louboutins:tender:, most likely a classic black pair. Not knowing the sale seasons and various discounts, I thought I'd ask you for help (I am also doing my own research, but asking locals is always enlightening!). Should it make any difference, I will be in San Fransisco, San Jose and Las Vegas at the end of the month until mid-late November.

Thank you all so much :flowers:

Barneys starts its sale from Late November (Thanksgiving time), with further mark down near Xmas. I've scored some GREAT deals at Barneys in Las Vegas (Palazzo hotel), like $600 Pradas for $225. Barneys carries Louboutin, but never puts So Kate on sale (since it sells so well). However, they put their Tashaf (very Pigalle 120 like) on sale a few yrs back, I got like 3 pairs for 40% off. Barney's has excellent SA, the Beverly Hills SA simply called NY, who promptly delivered 2 pair to my residence.

BTW, that Barneys/Palazzo in Vegas, is just 100 ft from Louboutin boutique in Palazzo. There is a 2nd Louboutin boutique in Vegas, the Caesars Palace Forum Shops. You should check out both, for possible sale items. I got a Love Me 120 (very similar to Pigalle 120) at Palazzo CL at 40% off, this was early January 2013.

Your timing is about right, it's when the holiday sales begins. The BEST deals are near Xmas (or after), when vendors want to "clear out" their old inventory. So, get business cards of SA, and you could have your fave shoe at a killer price..DELIVERED to your home (even if you're off shore). Or, just get them at their 1st markdown..take home with you. Saves possibility of shoe being sold to someone else, in attempt to get it at lower price (2nd markdown)

Vegas has a Saks and Neiman Marcus at the main mall on Las VEgas Bl South (across from Palazzo), so check them out. Wynne (across from Palazzo) has a cool shoe store called Shooz (?), they carry CL and designer brands..with frequent sales. I got a Louboutin for $165 (retail $900)..!! An exquisite shoe.

Shooz has killer sale items..make sure you check them out. I would even call/email them before-hand, to get the lowdown on their stock and potential sales. Then, buy them when you get there. Say, put deposit on layaway, then pay the balance when you get there. Last time I was there, there was a really CUTE Love Me 100 on sale. If it was the 120, I would have bought it!

The Crystal Mall (part of 12 billion $$ City Center project) further south, near Planet Hollywood mall (do check it out!)..has high end shops.

http://www.theshopsatcrystals.com

Gucci, Prada, Balanciga, Christian Dior, Yves St Laurent, et al. Incl Jimmy Choo boutique. My fave boutique is Nanette Lepore, a NY based designer. They have nice stuff, will aggressively priced sale items. I scored a gorgeous black textured coat for $240, regularly $800.

Planet Hollywood supposedly has the BEST buffet in Vegas, pricey but worth it. Cultural themed food -- Spanish, Italian, Middle Eastern (incl beef shish-kabob), Chinese. Good way to end a "shopping run" at Crystal Mall and Planet Hollywood (standard mall shops like BCBG Max Azria, Bebe..my personal faves). Then head to Cosmopolitan hotel across street (next to Crystal Mall), which has night club. Plus, there's a really cool pool table with 24 hr pizza place on 3rd floor. Nice lounge chairs/sofas to hang out on, lots of young people there. There are some cool shops near the night club.

There's a really cool sculpture and art exhibition, near Aria hotel..Aria is part of City Center. I just park there, walk by the exhibition..check it out. Then, walk further to get into Crystal Mall. Then walk further to get to Cosmopolitan. Then walk across the bridge (over Las Vegas Bl south) to get to Planet Hollywood. Or, you can park at Planet Hollywood parking structure, and just reverse above to get to Crystal Mall, Cosmopolitan, Aria, etc.

Have a good trip! Hope you find your Loubie black classics..

Last edited:
Great information, thank you girls and OP for asking.

I will also be travelling to US from 8th to 18th to NY. I am looking for Nude Bianca and Daffodiles, and the new season Bille et boule, are those hard to find?

Thanks in advance

I will also be travelling to US from 8th to 18th to NY. I am looking for Nude Bianca and Daffodiles, and the new season Bille et boule, are those hard to find?

Thanks in advance
i assume you mean november. sales won't have started by then. neither of those will be on sale most likely. not sure about Bille et boule, but it is more likely to be on sale than the other two. finding them at full price can be maybe a bit difficult, depending on your size. good thing is, there's several stores that carry CL and you could call around for your size.

Barneys starts its sale from Late November (Thanksgiving time), with further mark down near Xmas. I've scored some GREAT deals at Barneys in Las Vegas (Palazzo hotel), like $600 Pradas for $225. Barneys carries Louboutin, but never puts So Kate on sale (since it sells so well). However, they put their Tashaf (very Pigalle 120 like) on sale a few yrs back, I got like 3 pairs for 40% off. Barney's has excellent SA, the Beverly Hills SA simply called NY, who promptly delivered 2 pair to my residence.

BTW, that Barneys/Palazzo in Vegas, is just 100 ft from Louboutin boutique in Palazzo. There is a 2nd Louboutin boutique in Vegas, the Caesars Palace Forum Shops. You should check out both, for possible sale items. I got a Love Me 120 (very similar to Pigalle 120) at Palazzo CL at 40% off, this was early January 2013.

Your timing is about right, it's when the holiday sales begins. The BEST deals are near Xmas (or after), when vendors want to "clear out" their old inventory. So, get business cards of SA, and you could have your fave shoe at a killer price..DELIVERED to your home (even if you're off shore). Or, just get them at their 1st markdown..take home with you. Saves possibility of shoe being sold to someone else, in attempt to get it at lower price (2nd markdown)

Vegas has a Saks and Neiman Marcus at the main mall on Las VEgas Bl South (across from Palazzo), so check them out. Wynne (across from Palazzo) has a cool shoe store called Shooz (?), they carry CL and designer brands..with frequent sales. I got a Louboutin for $165 (retail $900)..!! An exquisite shoe.

Shooz has killer sale items..make sure you check them out. I would even call/email them before-hand, to get the lowdown on their stock and potential sales. Then, buy them when you get there. Say, put deposit on layaway, then pay the balance when you get there. Last time I was there, there was a really CUTE Love Me 100 on sale. If it was the 120, I would have bought it!

The Crystal Mall (part of 12 billion $$ City Center project) further south, near Planet Hollywood mall (do check it out!)..has high end shops.

http://www.theshopsatcrystals.com

Gucci, Prada, Balanciga, Christian Dior, Yves St Laurent, et al. Incl Jimmy Choo boutique. My fave boutique is Nanette Lepore, a NY based designer. They have nice stuff, will aggressively priced sale items. I scored a gorgeous black textured coat for $240, regularly $800.

Planet Hollywood supposedly has the BEST buffet in Vegas, pricey but worth it. Cultural themed food -- Spanish, Italian, Middle Eastern (incl beef shish-kabob), Chinese. Good way to end a "shopping run" at Crystal Mall and Planet Hollywood (standard mall shops like BCBG Max Azria, Bebe..my personal faves). Then head to Cosmopolitan hotel across street (next to Crystal Mall), which has night club. Plus, there's a really cool pool table with 24 hr pizza place on 3rd floor. Nice lounge chairs/sofas to hang out on, lots of young people there. There are some cool shops near the night club.

There's a really cool sculpture and art exhibition, near Aria hotel..Aria is part of City Center. I just park there, walk by the exhibition..check it out. Then, walk further to get into Crystal Mall. Then walk further to get to Cosmopolitan. Then walk across the bridge (over Las Vegas Bl south) to get to Planet Hollywood. Or, you can park at Planet Hollywood parking structure, and just reverse above to get to Crystal Mall, Cosmopolitan, Aria, etc.

Have a good trip! Hope you find your Loubie black classics..

Wow! What an amazing wealth of information!! :woohoo:Thank you so much!!
I'm leaving a couple days before thanksgiving - do sales often start on the black friday only? or do some start prior to thanksgiving? Great tip on asking for SA's contact details (thats something that never happens over here)! I'm hoping to pick something up while I'm there as we have killer duty charges on anything mailed into the country. Again, thanks so much for writing all of that up - I will check out everything! :heart:

classic black pair will be htf on sale, they usually don't go on sale.

I was wondering if that may be the case, thank you. I was hoping that there would be a blanket sale at a large department store that I'd be able to pick them up at. Do you know if Louboutin is normally excluded from those types of sales? I'm unable to find a straight answer online with stores changing their policies.

Thanks in advance

I'm also on the lookout for Bianca's and Daffs! I'll message you if I hear anything that may be helpful when I'm over there :smile:

i assume you mean november. sales won't have started by then. neither of those will be on sale most likely. not sure about Bille et boule, but it is more likely to be on sale than the other two. finding them at full price can be maybe a bit difficult, depending on your size. good thing is, there's several stores that carry CL and you could call around for your size.

I actually meant December. But if I understood well, classics are the "harder" to find right?

I'm also on the lookout for Bianca's and Daffs! I'll message you if I hear anything that may be helpful when I'm over there :smile:

Yep ! Let me know thank you