Lou camera bag vs Toy loulou

LOU CAMERA BAG OR TOY LOULOU

• Camera bag

• Toy loulou

Results are only viewable after voting.

MiaKing

Sep 15, 2019
I have both but I want to keep only one because they are too similar in size (I'm minimalist and don't want to have too many) which one would you prefer? Please excuse my pajama lol

20210505_103923.jpg

20210505_103828.jpg

I truly like both bags, but if I were to only keep one, I'd keep the camera bag. I know the toy lou is the "trendier" of the two, and no doubt it's really cute and smooshy - but in my experience the camera bag holds more and would be more practical in the long run. Plus I think it falls into the "classic" territory more than the toy lou. I feel like some people would vote for the lou right now because it's popular, but I'm just thinking long-term.

I didn’t vote because it’s a hard decision for me too lol. I have the Toy Loulou and although I love it, I often wonder if I should’ve gotten the Lou camera bag instead. Both bags are classic to me, so it’s not that I worry it will go out of style. It’s versatile and it goes well from day to night, and a flap bag will always be in for me. I love many things about it but it doesn’t hold anything. The Lou seems to hold a bit more and that was the main reason I wanted it. I think I may still get it some time down the line.

Reactions: MiaKing
I agree with above that it basically comes down to if you prefer a zipper or a flap. Also if you feel the toy loulou will be large enough for your daily essentials in the long run. I have the Lou camera bag and love it. I also have the toy puffer bc it’s larger than the regular toy loulou, and love it as well.

Reactions: mooLV and MiaKing
Thank you all for your opinions! I decided to keep toy loulou! Maybe I'm spoiled by louis vuitton zipper that works like a butter. Unfortunately I have been using my YSL camera bag for over 6 months and I was carrying it around with the zipper open all the time because it was so hard to open/close. I just didn't like to pull the zipper so hard :sad:

Thanks for sharing this comparison, I didn't realize how big the Lou camera bag looked in comparison to the Toy. This is helping me with my decision also to keep the Toy!

Agreed. I found the camera bag too big for my 5’2” stature, too soft to maintain shape, and the leather around the zipper is prone to scratches (at least the floor model).

Not sure if this helps at all - I bought the camera bag initially and ended up selling it since the leather wears REALLY quickly and depending on how you wear it (i do it cross body) it dents very quickly in the back because of how it shapes to your hips. I really didn't like that. I ended up purchasing a toy loulou instead and love it. Even tho it's not adjustable strap it fits well and i'm 5'3.

I like that it's classy enough to detach the straps and wear it as a clutch if I had formal events to attend :smile:

Not sure if this helps at all - I bought the camera bag initially and ended up selling it since the leather wears REALLY quickly and depending on how you wear it (i do it cross body) it dents very quickly in the back because of how it shapes to your hips. I really didn't like that. I ended up purchasing a toy loulou instead and love it. Even tho it's not adjustable strap it fits well and i'm 5'3.

I like that it's classy enough to detach the straps and wear it as a clutch if I had formal events to attend :smile:
Thanks for sharing! Very useful information for those of us considering the camera bag

• Love
Reactions: 880 and natjyl