Lost a diamond stud earing *sigh*

Mar 3, 2007
This morning I woke up and realized one of my diamond stud earrings had fallen out. I'm so very very upset. They aren't huge. They are pretty small... I'm not even sure of the size to be honest. My husband gave them to me when we were dating. I've had them for close to 15 years. I just want to cry right now. I'm not even sure of when it fell out or where to start looking for it in my house. **sigh**

I hope you find it...I'll cross my fingers for you! Might be a good idea to buy some new backs for them too, once you find the missing one. Those butterfly-type ones do loosen up with time and use.

Hope you will find it, and soon. If you wear it to bed, the chance that it was still there is obvious. It happened to me twice and quite freaking, but I found it eventually. Now I stop wearing any jewelry to bed.

sorry to hear that...

try taking a flashlight and put it right on the floor moving it back and forth scanning the ground. it works wonders to show anything with a reflection like metal or refraction from a diamond. I've found many lost earrings or earring backs by doing this.

Tear your bed apart, first. Look behind your headboard...I've lost things there before.
If you've washed/dried your hair look in the towel...sometimes earrings catch in the towel.
I feel so bad for you and don't blame you for being upset.
Good luck and keep us posted!

Also check the seat and floor of your car, I lost a diamond out of my eternity ring and I found it in my car. Good luck, I also still have the first (very small) studs my DH gave me when we were dating, I'm keeping them safe for my daughters. Very sentimental indeed!

I found it!!!

I found the back on my bedroom floor so I knew it was either in the master bedroom or possibly even the bathroom. Took some time to find the stud after i found the back but I did!!
I will never ever sleep in them again and I am getting new backs for them!!

Thank you all for your good vibes and search tips.
They are small but mean so much to me. I want to keep them to pass down to my DD

I found it!!!

I found the back on my bedroom floor so I knew it was either in the master bedroom or possibly even the bathroom. Took some time to find the stud after i found the back but I did!!
I will never ever sleep in them again and I am getting new backs for them!!

Thank you all for your good vibes and search tips.
They are small but mean so much to me. I want to keep them to pass down to my DD

excellent news!