Looking for something similar to Coach Sabrina

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies!

I'm looking for the perfect black bag to "splurge" on.
    I'm about to graduate from college and I need a classy, all-around black bag to last me the next few years.

Criteria:
    - Can easily be dressed up or down
    - Can accompany me to anything from interviews to lunch dates with the girls to groceries shopping
    - Classic style that will last years down the line
    - I like detachable shoulder straps or satchels that can be converted
    - Black!
    - Less than $350 is preferable (student budget!)
    - I like soft, buttery, smooshy leather (think B. Makowsky leather)

I like the Coach Sabrina, but it's a little too dressy for little ol' me. I've also considered the MBMJ Groovee, but it's not as practical as I'd like.

Any suggestions? :smile:

2. I had a Coach sabrina and a Marc by Marc jacobs classic "baby aidan." They were very similar and I believe meet your criteria.

3. What about the Botkier Sasha duffel? :biggrin:

4. #4 Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
    what about Kate Spade "Westbury- dani" Hobo? it is classic, functional, and roomy. Dress it up or down with scarfs, charms, etc.

I found mine on sale at Macy's for $160.00 (including tax) this past weekend :yahoo:

Attached Files:

5. How about a Hype Gaby. They sell it at Bluefly and it's <$220 I think...
    Looks very similar to the Sabrina.

6. Maybe rm mam?

7. My vote as well!

8. #10 Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  9. Is the Coach Audrey too dressy? It's really similar, and in my opinion, a little less dressy that the Sabrina. Not to push you in that direction, but I hate to dress up...I'm most comfortable in jeans. So while I've used my Sabrinas in dressed up situations, (like interviews, and at work) I use them most often going out to a casual dinner and movie with my fiance, or just hanging out with the girls.