Looking for dark brown with purple touch, help needed!

Nankali

O.G.
Aug 30, 2009
Hello dear fellow tPFers! I would need help with the color choice for my PO 2011 Birkin. I left the order for the ebene clemence Birkin in 35, but because I have already an ebene Picotin GM and I also ordered an ebene Kelly 32, I started to wonder if I should change the color for the Birkin.. My dream color would be dark brown with a small touch of purple. Like here:
birkintummanruskeana.jpg

A fellow tPFer told me this is probably raisin, so it probably looks so dark because of the (absence of) light. Is there any color that is like this IRL, if seen under brighter light as well? Like when you look at the bag from couple of meters it looks like dark brown but when coming closer you can see it is like prune. That's what I am trying to find!
I think it would be a bit foolish to have three H bags in ebene so I am trying to find some good alternative for that.. I am a VERY classic (read: old-fashioned ;)) person what comes to colors and I don't wear bright colors except perhaps orange. My wardrobe consists mainly of dark and light brown, camel and grey, with couple of white pants and of course white blouses. Orange I like too and dark plum.
I don't want my Birkin to be too violet/lilac. How about prune? And is havanne too brown, too much like ebene?? What is the difference between ebene and havanne? I know the color tone depends on the leather type as well, so I would appreciate for any help with the leather choice as well. Thank you already everyone!!
ps. side by side pictures of the brownish/plum color family members would be more than appreciated!! :nuts:

Hi nan- you need to do a search and find the pic of this bag in the daylight. Sylvie is standing on the soccer pitch (I think it's in one of the archived "stars" threads). This bag is not raisin and it predates prune. It is Havanne.

You might like prune though or Marron Fonce. THere's an excellent pic in the ref lib that lines up all these browns from memory... I think it's a series of clochettes.

HTH

Hi Handy! :flowers: Thank you for your advice! I actually did a bit of research already but I didn't find enough pics to nail down my choice. I found one like this in the ref lib, I am wondering if you meant this one..
prunevsraisin.jpg

I it didn't have havanne, unfortunately. Oh, these kind of colors are so difficult to capture in a picture. In each one they look a bit different, depending on the light etc. If anyone finds a side by side picture of ebene, havanne, prune and Marron Fonce, please let me know!
I am actually very thrilled to hear that the color of Sylvia's B is havanne! It would be great, because I was afraid havanne would be too similar to ebene, but it seems it def is not!
I am also interested in the prune and Marron Fonce, what you also recommended.
Has to go quickly back to the ref lib... Hrrrrm :broom:
Thanks so much again Handy!!

Wow, you were quick :nuts: I can't thank enough dear Handy for this link, it was great! Not it only showed wonderful pics of havanne and cafe but it also had very good pics of tabac and biscuit, something I am already planning to get for my next after-the-ebene Kelly.. LOL!! Am I H addicted or what!
That Havanne Massai of DiamondS is just TDF!! (Well, I pretty much everything in her H collection, it is just exquisite). After seeing this picture I think I am strongly moving towards havanne Birkin.. That havanne swift combo looked so perfect, I am just thinking if it is this nice with leathers like clemence or togo. Swift would be too delicate for my everyday Birkin, I think.
It would be so great to see the picture in sun light! THANK YOU again Handy for your great help!!! :hugs:

Thank you Handy, you are a pearl!!!! I really like this color more and more every moment. I always choose PHW for my H bags and I could imagine it goes really nicely for havanne as well.

Oh, would I really dare to jump from the very safe ebene to new and exciting havanne!!?? I can't probably see it in IRL and to have a color like that for a bag that expensive frightens me a bit. But then again, it could end up for being the best choice ever!

Oh, darn. And just when I thought I found my dream Birkin color.. Not fair! :pout:
Dear Handy, as a "senior" (attention! don't by any way mean old ;) ) tPF member, perhaps you know if rested colors may be ordered, like ever?? I have a dear and truly helpful SA but if it is a 100% no-no, then I don't even dare to ask.
ps. I loved my new nickname Nan! Thanks! I have sometimes wondered if my original, quickly invented name was nice enough, but I :heart: Nan! :amuse:

I think prune would be more precise in terms of brown with purplish touches best as always birkel.

Oh, I love to hear that Birkel, thank you!! I was already in a valley of desperado because of the news about the Havanne. Now I need to consider prune again. OR, perhaps there will be some new member in to that color family soon.. Do H launch new colors every year??

Hi Nankali :smile:

I have Prune is Swift leather, and it has a lot of Bordeaux coloring to it in this particular leather rather than brownish-purple. Raisin is one of my favorite Hermes colors, and I have it in Clemence and it does have a bit of brown to it.

Hermes does come out with new colors each year.

I am on a quest myself to find a color that I love, but I am just not finding anything that wows me right now. Hopefully next year will bring some new exciting colors!

Good luck with your search :smile:

Hello Nankali,
I would have guessed that the first gorgeous bag was raisin due to the more violet undertones....
What about waiting until the brand new colors come out??
It sounds like you are building a wonderful collection...and are as H-smitten as I am :smile: