looking for a "tropical/beachy" design on an hermes scarf

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. my two favorite hermes scarves are aloha and charmes des plages normandes .....i would like to purchase a new hermes scarf and i am looking for any suggestions on designs for scarves that have a beachy and/or tropical theme.....i saw the poisson corail in the store but am not crazy about the colors.....any suggestions?

2. #2 Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
    Brazil? Bouteilles a la mer? Mexique? Passiflores? Tahiti? Amazonia? St Malo? Sarasvati?

3. What about Grands Fonds? Do you like tropical fish?

4. You may want to go the vintage/ used route and look for some of Annie Faivre shell designs. They're probably my favorites. I have several in silk - only one purchased new - my very first Hermes, purchased at FSH 7-8 hrs ago, and one glorious cashmere GM shawl I found on bay.

5. Recontre Oceane
    Grands Fonds
    La vie precieuse de la Mediterranee
    Mediterrannee
    Soleil
    Varangues
    Tropiques
    Rocalle
    Rocaille II
    Jardin Creole
    Vive le vent

...are a few that come to my mind. I am far from beeing a wise collector, though...

6. L'ete
    Passiflores

7. Aloha...

8. I second aloha. It's the prettiest!

9. Soie Libre?

10. THANK YOU! you guys are AWESOME!!! i can't wait to check it all out tonight!!

i love fish, shells, sailboats, palm trees, the ocean......

any chance of getting any of the designs listed below new @ hermes?

i have aloha in black and love it, got it years ago! i saw aloha in the store last month in white and aqua-green and loved them too but since i have it in black i would like a different pattern.....i think of all the white scarves i have seen, aloha in white is one of the prettiest.....

11. Oh there's also that one with the large turtle on it ...Madras something or other.

12. Rocaille (gorgeous seashells) - I have this one in RED and it is stunning.

Monte Carlo (waves, palm trees, sailboats) - I have this one in the orange/green/white c/w, but the blue/green c/w is more tropical.

There are some wonderful suggestions on this thread!

13. Love Rocaille-it was my grail and I finally got it. Here is a quick snap. So many beautiful silks to choose from-let us know what you end up with!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. love it! is that a Annie Faivre design (as in India's post)? what a great shade of blue!

15. ltb-Rocaille's designer/artist is VALERIE DAWLAT-DUMOULIN, I believe. I think it was re-issued in 2003.