Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir - your opinions

Hi everyone!

I’m currently contemplating on buying a cuir large wallet but wondered if anyone has/had one and what your experiences are in terms of wear and tear/user friendliness etc.?

Thank you in advance. :smile:

I have used a Blue Cuir Wristlet wallet before in 2016. In the 3 or so months that I was using it, it developed noticeable corner wear.

I switched out to a Black Quadri Wristlet wallet after that which I used for 2 years till 2018 with no visible wear at all.

Since 2018, I’ve been using a Coral Double Zip Foulonne Coin Purse (DZCP) as my wallet. Foulonne leather wears like iron. It still looks new though the bottom edges are slightly dirty since it’s coral in colour. The DZCP is great cos I handle it less as I can leave it in my bag while I unzip the top and take out my cards for payment instead of touching the wallet cos I have to take it out of the bag to reach inside for cards

If this islike the one you saw, then it’s official color is cloud. Cloud was a ss2019 color. The official name of the blue one in my picture is sky blue I think. So they’re different. I’ve not seen the cloud cuir in real life.
I see, thanks. So many different variations of blue. I'll try to go back to that store in the next few days (although it's a bit of a drive) and check the tag if the bag is still there.

What's a "reasonable" price for an older season cuir in small or medium in your opinion?

Reactions: viewwing
I see, thanks. So many different variations of blue. I'll try to go back to that store in the next few days (although it's a bit of a drive) and check the tag if the bag is still there.

What's a "reasonable" price for an older season cuir in small or medium in your opinion?
Well, on the LC website during the end of season sale in USA is usually anything from 20 to 30% off the retail price in usd. Sometimes u can find markEd down items on Nordstrom rack or tjmaxx too. in fact, there’s a blue one there right now!

• Love
Reactions: frenziedhandbag
I have used a Blue Cuir Wristlet wallet before in 2016. In the 3 or so months that I was using it, it developed noticeable corner wear.

I switched out to a Black Quadri Wristlet wallet after that which I used for 2 years till 2018 with no visible wear at all.

Since 2018, I’ve been using a Coral Double Zip Foulonne Coin Purse (DZCP) as my wallet. Foulonne leather wears like iron. It still looks new though the bottom edges are slightly dirty since it’s coral in colour. The DZCP is great cos I handle it less as I can leave it in my bag while I unzip the top and take out my cards for payment instead of touching the wallet cos I have to take it out of the bag to reach inside for cards
Thank you so much for your reply. It confirms what I already suspected. I guess I’ll have to look into the other lines.

Thanks again for the info, you've been very helpful. I went back to the store and the color code is 028 which is, indeed, sky blue. I absolutely love it! The store only had Medium size which I think is a bit too big. Now I'm hoping to find this bag in sky blue in Small for a reasonable price.

Thanks again for the info, you've been very helpful. I went back to the store and the color code is 028 which is, indeed, sky blue. I absolutely love it! The store only had Medium size which I think is a bit too big. Now I'm hoping to find this bag in sky blue in Small for a reasonable price.
I hope u find one! Keep checking saksofffith and the rack, they may appear randomly. Good luck!

Big LC leather fan here BUT …

I have 3 cuirs and they’ve all developed corner wear with light to sometimes moderate use. And then there’s my key pouch which I’ve used for about a year. The appearance is so worn that I think LC’s cuir leather should not be used for items that get frequent use. In this past year, due to Covid, I haven’t needed my keys even on an everyday basis. The pouch gets more use being rotated from bag to bag than it does having keys removed. So… I’ve wanted to post this for awhile. Every time I take the pouch out, I think “I have to tell someone about this!” And so now I’ve had that catharsis :smile:

2BFD7095-2DF3-4832-8E15-32DFF035868D.jpeg
5196EB8C-ACDC-49A6-A888-232575E3D654.jpeg
C728AAB9-29DC-4645-879B-D33715FA331A.jpeg

Attachments

• 9FF09DE2-8B0B-474F-AE1C-E91B61B6FF3E.jpeg
    9FF09DE2-8B0B-474F-AE1C-E91B61B6FF3E.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 7
Goodness, I was so tempted with the new cuir cardholder that comes with a lanyard but thank you so much for sharing this. As much as I know that cuir leather being softer will show wear (esp for SLGs) due to rubbing against other items in our bags... I didn't quite expect the wear to look like this. I think I will stick to the other hardier lines (Foulonne, 3D, Roseau Essential) for my SLGs.

Reactions: westvillage

I have 3 cuirs and they’ve all developed corner wear with light to sometimes moderate use. And then there’s my key pouch which I’ve used for about a year. The appearance is so worn that I think LC’s cuir leather should not be used for items that get frequent use. In this past year, due to Covid, I haven’t needed my keys even on an everyday basis. The pouch gets more use being rotated from bag to bag than it does having keys removed. So… I’ve wanted to post this for awhile. Every time I take the pouch out, I think “I have to tell someone about this!” And so now I’ve had that catharsis :smile:

View attachment 5306799
View attachment 5306798
View attachment 5306800
Did u happen to Apple garde this keypouch before?

I didn’t. Should have though.

I did give it a coat of Meltonian color and conditioner at about three months because I could see that it was slipping. Then I just gave up the fight and let it slide.
I thought maybe u did Apple garde it because Apple garde did this exact same thing to my balenciaga bags.

I thought maybe u did Apple garde it because Apple garde did this exact same thing to my balenciaga bags.
Wow! I know what the classic Balenciaga bags look like but what is the leather itself? I avoided Apple Garde for as long as I’ve been buying bags, until last summer when I used the spray (ugh)on a smooth leather Ferragamo bag in almond which would certainly have stained. I don’t use that bag much so I don’t see any change.

But that’s an eye-opener! Perhaps it has to do with the kind of leather. So many baggers love it. Also the Meltonian, which I’ve used for I can’t tell you how many years, was only a slight cosmetic fix that wouldn’t even work again (and may have accelerated the deterioration too.)

Reactions: viewwing
Wow! I know what the classic Balenciaga bags look like but what is the leather itself? I avoided Apple Garde for as long as I’ve been buying bags, until last summer when I used the spray (ugh)on a smooth leather Ferragamo bag in almond which would certainly have stained. I don’t use that bag much so I don’t see any change.

But that’s an eye-opener! Perhaps it has to do with the kind of leather. So many baggers love it. Also the Meltonian, which I’ve used for I can’t tell you how many years, was only a slight cosmetic fix that wouldn’t even work again (and may have accelerated the deterioration too.)
Balenciaga moto bags are lambskin. they looked exactly like your pic of the cuir keypouch after Apple garde. “Shudder” never again.