Long Poppy post for an older Coachie

Jan 25, 2009
I am an older Coach lover and have thought since the Poppy line came out that it's for younger gals. However, my DH and I were returning a MaggieI ordered on line to a Dillard's, and he saw this Poppy. I had looked on line as I do every day because I live too far from a Coach store, mall with stores that sell Coach, and am not close to an outlet, so order from on line. When I saw this Poppy, I was wrong--an older lady can carry this bag and feel sassy.
It is the Poppy patent pushlock tote. The ink has antigue nickle findings and is a gorgeous blue that can't be called anything but ink. It really is as versatile as a black, esp. with the antigue nickle. It is so roomy and well made. It is not heavy but has so much organization inside that I can get more in it than I can in my favorite large Maggies. So there is no age for the Poppy. My husband also saw the penquin and the mitten fobs; I collect them, so he bought all three items for me. I was shocked! It does not puddle--holds its shape too. I love it. I can't believe I shyed away from Poppy bags thinking I was too old to carry one. It's my favorite to date.
panera

Congrats on your new bag--and fobs! What a sweet hubby you have.
I'm also an older Coachie and I've got some Poppy bags I love too! I always tell my friends that I want to end up as the older lady with the funky bags and shoes LOL

I am an older Coach lover too, and I agree that some of the Poppy styles are too young looking for me. But I saw a couple ladies carrying the pushlock tote in the mall one day, and I completely fell for that bag!!! I think it is gorgeous! Congratulations on finding one! The ink sounds like a beautiful color....would love to see some pics!

I too look at the coach website almost everyday, even though I work in a mall with a coach store LOL. I'd never seen this tote before and I just looked at it online and really love it! Especially th ink and antique nickel, beautiful coloura. Congrats!

I dunno if at 27 I am too old for Poppy, but I guess I don't really care. I love Poppy line - have four of them, and I don't think there's another line I enjoy as much.

I dunno if at 27 I am too old for Poppy, but I guess I don't really care. I love Poppy line - have four of them, and I don't think there's another line I enjoy as much.

Oh my gosh I am way older than you and I have more poppy than you do! I'd think that you are the perfect age to wear all the poppy lines!

Oh my gosh I am way older than you and I have more poppy than you do! I'd think that you are the perfect age to wear all the poppy lines!

:lol: I just keep hearing how poppy's for very young girls and stuff, and while I can see how some bags are too bright and colourful for 'adults' to wear, but for the most part I don't see that it's teenage-only.

Many of the poppy bags don't appeal to me but I have a few pieces that I really love, including a groovy and a large wristlet. And I have several fobs and jewelry pieces from the Poppy line. OP, congrats on your new beautiful bag!

I just recently purchased the Poppy Pushlock satchel in ink. I love this bag. It's very classy and goes with nearly everything. And I get so many compliments on this bag. More than any other Coach I own. Must be the color or something?? I'm in my mid 30's and have a couple of Poppy bags. Glad you found one you love.

I think that Poppy has been growing up! The newer styles are classier than before. There are fewer bright prints than before. On the Spring preview, there are Poppy bags that look like old Coach classics.
I carry Poppys even though I am older. I think that my sapphire leather hippie is one of the most gorgeous bags Coach has ever made.
Congratulations on finding a great bag.

Poppy has definitely been growing up ... I've found that a lot of the Poppy bags, especially earlier on, seemed too "young" for me, but some of the newer bags are classic and beautiful and ageless. Either way, I'm a big believer in carrying what you love, no matter what age you are or what "age" your bag may be.