Travel London/Paris/Italy - Early October

QueenBEE75

May 20, 2008
Hi,

Anyone been to Europe in early October? I want to know what it will be like so I can plan my packing list. I don't know where to start, definately bring some basic shirts & jeans, but what about jackets? How cold will it get? I want to look chic and not touristsy...

Any suggestions would be great...

Thanks.

October is my favorite time to be in Europe, the weather is usally fantastic (although you might catch some rain, so be prepared for that).

I tend to be "hot" most of the time, so I usually bring lightweight layers, e.g., cotton tee with a cashmere sweater that I can wear over my shoulders as well as on top of the base layer. While I wear a lot of cotton blouses at home, I don't want to iron on my vacation, so I stick to knit fabric as much as possible and I bring jeans that have some lycra in them.

Usually, I'm warm during the day but find the nights can be chilly, so I bring a pashmina-type of scarf. I also bring simple black nylon raincoat that provides warmth as well as rain protection. I would stick to darker neutrals that time of year, too.

Have fun!

Yup - I agree with Juilletdix. DH & I prefer going at that time of year. High/busy season is over, but the weather is still mostly agreeable. Enjoy your trip!

Agree with J + S.

I never take jeans when I travel. They take forever to dry. I take cotton twills. Easier to dress up for evening, too.

Wish I were going!