London Goyard

The exchange rate for the USD is so good right now plus the 15% vat tax back. Recs on color and if it's worth it? I have the LV never full

Also, I know the leather corners is an option for repairs. Will they do this for free within the first year if there is damage? If not what is the price?

Do you know if I can order one and have it shipped to us?
I love my black on black gm St. Louis, but want another in color. I love how the grey looks as well as the burgundy one.
I've had mine for less than a month and carrying it around is great since it is really light. I kind of "baby" the goyard bc of all the horror stories I read. I too have an LV NF and I used and abused it. It is already 10 years old I believe and the only wear is on one of the corners. But the textile is so beautiful on the Goyard compared to the LV.

Hi! I've just bought the large size in the black with the natural trim over the weekend! It's to die for and I love it but obviously have not used it that much yet. It was £875. My SA told me that everything was covered within the first year and about £165 for the leather corners after that. View attachment 3522795

Congratulations, this is so pretty. I also just bought a GM, black/black and am trying to be careful. BUT, I would rather use it for the first year the way I intend to use it (carrying stuff but not too heavy) because of the warranty. I would rather know there is some workmanship/structural issues sooner than later so that Goyard would be more likely to repair it without a price.

I also considered the tan trim. It looks fantastic, enjoy!!

Reactions: sofietel
Hi! I've just bought the large size in the black with the natural trim over the weekend! It's to die for and I love it but obviously have not used it that much yet. It was £875. My SA told me that everything was covered within the first year and about £165 for the leather corners after that. View attachment 3522795

Gorgeous!!! Which size is this? Also, did you have to pay any duties when you brought it into the country? I know the rule is $800 but I fee like they never follow through

Gorgeous!!! Which size is this? Also, did you have to pay any duties when you brought it into the country? I know the rule is $800 but I fee like they never follow through

Thank you! This is the PM size. The GM size was too small for me it was hard to imagine being able to put it over my shoulder as it was pinching my underarm a little bit (especially with a coat on). TBH I'm not sure about the duties. I love in London but my mom was visiting and it was an early birthday gift!

Thank you! This is the PM size. The GM size was too small for me it was hard to imagine being able to put it over my shoulder as it was pinching my underarm a little bit (especially with a coat on). TBH I'm not sure about the duties. I love in London but my mom was visiting and it was an early birthday gift!

Thanks for all your advice. Just went to look and try them on in person. Love the bright blue and red but can't justify the extra $$ for the special colors. Love the black on black and was planning on getting it in the smaller size but it felt too snug to wear comfortably over a jacket, let alone a thick sweater. Ugh. Decisions. Was hoping for an everyday bag but I feel like the gym is too big for this

Thanks for all your advice. Just went to look and try them on in person. Love the bright blue and red but can't justify the extra $$ for the special colors. Love the black on black and was planning on getting it in the smaller size but it felt too snug to wear comfortably over a jacket, let alone a thick sweater. Ugh. Decisions. Was hoping for an everyday bag but I feel like the gym is too big for this

Just some input on a St Louis GM everyday user: I use the GM for everyday and I don't find it too big at all. In the store it looks huge because it hasn't softened yet. But once you start to wear it, and tuck in the sides, it really doesn't look overwhelming. Also, because it's deeper than the PM, I feel my items are safer because they are in a deeper bag, unlike the PM where it's more shallow. You can also just put a sweater or scarf over your stuff in the GM, which will fill it up and make it looks nicer and your stuff is safer. Just my 2 cents because I know the dilemma of chosing a PM vs. GM :smile:

Reactions: zeronohiya
Hey, heading to London in a few weeks and for my birthday I'm getting myself the St. Louis GM in a special color! :smile: Does anyone have an idea of the price? I think in the US it's around $1700/$1800. But wasn't sure what the prices look like in London and I'm also hoping to get some VAT back to help with the price a bit.

Reactions: Sfrank

Which bag did you get at the end?

International stores will not take orders over the phone for shipment to the U.S. You will need to purchase in store and then they will ship to you. But if you ship your bag, you will not be able to claim the VAT refund, because the bag has to be presented to customs at Heathrow before you can claim the VAT.