lol* my mum will KILL me for this..

Your photo brings back lovely memories. DH and I traveled through Lijiang and backpacked into the mountains to find rare Miao tribes many many years ago when we were young and agile. Let's just say, the man nearly divorced me for taking him backpacking (that's a swear word in his vocabulary) BUT it was an amazing experience (ok for me, that is)

LongHornedMiao.jpg

LiRiver.jpg

FlowerMiao.jpg

:back2topic: Your mother has a beautiful collection! The Drag is such an elegant and sophisticated bag. I haven't seen many of these lately.

Your Mom has a beautiful collection. I also appreciate all of the beautiful pictures of China. I have never been to China, and I hope to go one day!

Cheers!

birkingal
those are amazing pictures! we went to see this show that showcased the minority tribes of lijiang, all 300 participants in the 1.5h long song and dance extravanganza. It's called Impression: Lijiang and is directed by three reknowned directors. one of them is Zhang Yimou. it was amazing and the experience of interacting with these people and have them sing and dance around you plus having the snowy mountains as ur background..

backpacking is the best way to experience the untouched areas of china and to live life as they see it, away from the hustle n bustle of city life, thus surrounded by simplicity. lol* i'm sure ur DH would once in awhile look back on those memories, especially comparing and contrasting China then and now =)

Suzie, jancedtif and candi_s, thank you for your kind words. I hardly have the opportunity to do any travel photography after having a baby.

Candi_s, that must've been an incredible experience just being at the show. I'm so envious! It was a dream of mine to attend something similar but we missed the spring festivities :sad: I've watched several Zhang YiMou's films and am duly impressed. 6 years on and DH still hasn't retained any fond memories of the trip. He couldn't believe I made him sleep in a house on stilts with the family pig in the next room oinking all night :P

Your mom has a superb collection and definitely great tastes. I love the lines of escapada and definitely thinks that the drag is a classic. I understand that they will SO a drag if a client so desire. I do love this style!

As for the latest 3 bags in the photos, are they from left 1) vibrato toto? 2-3) Deuville/Cabas bags?

lol* these bags are so easy to spot aren't they..

the vibrato one is especially gorgeous.. it makes any outfit look that much classier.. lol*

Attachments

• DSCF0156c.JPG
    DSCF0156c.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF0159c.JPG
    DSCF0159c.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCF0160c.JPG
    DSCF0160c.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 34
Your mom has a superb collection and definitely great tastes. I love the lines of escapada and definitely thinks that the drag is a classic. I understand that they will SO a drag if a client so desire. I do love this style!

As for the latest 3 bags in the photos, are they from left 1) vibrato toto? 2-3) Deuville/Cabas bags?

thanks for ur kind words!

lol* my mum just pulled out her drag last night.. and she now finds it too small. haha. good to know that an SO is possible....