lol..is it silly to buy myself an $1800-$2000 ring?

If you can afford it & love it go for it!! Years back when I was single I bought myself a
3500 tanzanite & diamond ring. It's still one of my faves. Also when I inherit my moms e-ring I plan on wearing it on my righthand unaltered for sentimental reasons & I see nothing wrong with it.

I say go for it! A year end goal nice jewelry piece is a great idea. Maybe between now and December you will find something else that catches your eye - keep your options open though - can't wait for you to get her, though!

that's an awsome way that can help you keep yourself in check with your financial goals. seriously, that's how i do a lot of my bigger purchases which prevents me from buying things i don't need (i'm sure that's what you're kinda aiming for). btw, the three stoned ring sounds beautiful! my boyfriend gave me one a while back and that's what the ring you're eyeing sounds like.

hope you decide effortlessly b/c they're definately worth it b/c it's an investment!

Well..i can always say it's a "promise ring....a promise to myself to never forget that I can do anything when I set my mind to do it" lol.

i LOVE this! i say if you want it and you have (or save) the money, get it. i've only had the motivation to save for one "frivolous" thing in my life (my LV speedy) usually when i buy something big i pull from a few places (gift giving holiday + some savings + "my" fun money + sometimes "hubby's" money....etc) but i wanted this to be from ME. it took 3 months but the day i went to get it was so rewarding. i wouldn't trade that feeling for anything.

just_jill325;4803212Well..i can always say it's a "promise ring....[B said:
a promise to myself to never forget that I can do anything when I set my mind to do it"[/B] lol.
I absolutely, positively think you should purchase the ring! There is no reason I can think of not to. If you save the money, can afford and appreciate it, then you there' no reason not to. It is an investment piece you will have for the rest of your life.

I have been married for 28 years and my DH is a wonderful man who buys me lots of jewelery and just about everything else (even though he is a PHH, LOL!). Anyway, I am saving to buy myself a Rolex. It's something I want to do for me so I completely understand where you're coming from.

When the time comes, if you've changed your mind, you can apply the money toward something else, but the point is....you deserve it!

You should definetly get it for yourself....

Ive bought things for myself and truely, it can mean just as much as something someone else bought for you....

But keep looking around....try other stores and try on tons of stuff.....just to make sure that this is the one!!

I had that problem myself but didn't want to spend the money, and I wanted to hold off on a diamond ring for engagement (but I don't think there is anything wrong with a diamond ring before engagement, thats just what I wanted to do though). I searched and searched for something that I loved just as much and would be happy with and ended up finding something that cost a lot less, but was really pretty. I ended upgetting this one on ice.com and it is gorgeous in person! So maybe you can find a substitute if it is pricier than you would like to pay. Otherwise, if you can afford it and that's what you want, then get it.

Attachments

• rcc156869_b_l.jpg
    rcc156869_b_l.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 84
awwww...everyone here is soo sweet! Ever since the last time I posted on this thread (which was a couple of days ago), and i have been thinking on other alternatives as *just in case* instead of the ring..and I thought about getting bigger stud earrings -->I'm aiming for .75 - 1 ctw if the rings don't work out. But all your really nice comments really touched me, you guys are soo sweet! :smile: thank you!

Like Blondes said, I agree with most of the posts. It's not silly at all to treat yourself to something extravagant that you saved up for. Even if you did have an engagement ring or wedding ring on your left finger, another diamond on the other hand is very common. As for awkward questions - who the heck cares. Give them vague and mysterious question and keep them guessing!!!

I actually had a diamond ring before I was married and let me tell you, it came in quite handy at the bars when i SO was not interested in being hit on by annoying men. I simply wore it on my left hand.

Oh heck I've done this twice, LOL!! I have two sapphire and diamond rings I treated myself to after a couple of wonderful caribbean cruises. I wear them every day, no regrets.

If you find something you love and don't go into financial hardship then go for it!