Loewe x Spirited Away

Oooh, was the brown soot puzzle bag at AUD$4500 the small or mini size?
I believe it was the small because when the SA took out the puzzle with yellow character it was much smaller than the brown soot. It wasn’t exactly 4500 to the dollar I just vaguely remembering not paying that price might’ve been $45xx

Reactions: Darlin'
I went to ask at my local Loewe concession store (inside department store), the SA showed me some items and I was able to pay in full. She said to collect on 7th. I got the soot bag charm and no face black cardholder. They didn’t have the brown Soot rectangular zip card wallet so I went to the stand alone store to enquire. They were more restrict told me to come back on 7th then I told them what the other store offered me so was able to pay for item in full. I’m done with 3 items now (hopefully)

I just contacted an SA at the nearest flagship store and she told me to send her a whatsapp message with the items I‘m interested in — which of the bag charms did you get? There‘s the one with the camel colored leather string and the one that‘s just a Soot Sprite holding a star piece but I‘m unsure of how it attaches to the bag. Do you happen to have any insight?

I just contacted an SA at the nearest flagship store and she told me to send her a whatsapp message with the items I‘m interested in — which of the bag charms did you get? There‘s the one with the camel colored leather string and the one that‘s just a Soot Sprite holding a star piece but I‘m unsure of how it attaches to the bag. Do you happen to have any insight?
That’s great your SA asked to text details! What are the items you’re looking to get? I bought the charm on leather string. As for the Soot holding the star, the back has a metal button like on a bag strap where u would press the bag strap hole down onto, so u just press the charm onto a bag strap. It’s very cute too!

Maybe you can see what it would look like from this pic

Attachments

• A4C08AB2-D1D7-4D8E-96F9-9487086FDE38.jpeg
    A4C08AB2-D1D7-4D8E-96F9-9487086FDE38.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 43
That’s great your SA asked to text details! What are the items you’re looking to get? I bought the charm on leather string. As for the Soot holding the star, the back has a metal button like on a bag strap where u would press the bag strap hole down onto, so u just press the charm onto a bag strap. It’s very cute too!

Maybe you can see what it would look like from this pic

Thanks! I talked to the Munich flagship store and unfortunately they won‘t be getting any of the scarves and they don‘t send out pictures so I‘ve been going through the the SLG pics in this thread again. I have an all-black medium Puzzle so the charm with the button is intriguing to me but for some reason this item is probably going to give me the biggest sticker shock (I‘m assuming it‘s somewhere in the USD400-500 range?)

I don’t know, I‘m a little weird — I still feel like I could get more use out of a scarf or a cardholder. But I have multiple wallets and many scarves and I wear my medium Puzzle more than any other bag so why not decorate it?

Right now, I am debating between the tan Soot Sprite zipped card holder and the all black No Face one, like you! I kinda wish the zipped one had silver hardware like my Totoro Gate Pouch but oh well…

Reactions: Mapoon
Thanks! I talked to the Munich flagship store and unfortunately they won‘t be getting any of the scarves and they don‘t send out pictures so I‘ve been going through the the SLG pics in this thread again. I have an all-black medium Puzzle so the charm with the button is intriguing to me but for some reason this item is probably going to give me the biggest sticker shock (I‘m assuming it‘s somewhere in the USD400-500 range?)

I don’t know, I‘m a little weird — I still feel like I could get more use out of a scarf or a cardholder. But I have multiple wallets and many scarves and I wear my medium Puzzle more than any other bag so why not decorate it?

Right now, I am debating between the tan Soot Sprite zipped card holder and the all black No Face one, like you! I kinda wish the zipped one had silver hardware like my Totoro Gate Pouch but oh well…
The stud soot sprite charm is S$550 so yes it should be in the US$400 or so range. Personally I passed on it because much as it is quite cute, it is also significantly costlier than the usual stud flower charms that Loewe sells (US$165 or so).

The "surprise!" factor of the tan coin cardholder you are thinking of getting is that it's tan in front, but black at the back, and it opens up to reveal the mint green leather inside. Very fun one!

The stud soot sprite charm is S$550 so yes it should be in the US$400 or so range. Personally I passed on it because much as it is quite cute, it is also significantly costlier than the usual stud flower charms that Loewe sells (US$165 or so).

The "surprise!" factor of the tan coin cardholder you are thinking of getting is that it's tan in front, but black at the back, and it opens up to reveal the mint green leather inside. Very fun one!

That sounds lovely! I agree about the price discrepancy with the charms! I‘m currently waiting on a reply from the SA but that sounds adorable! I‘m still not completely over the scarf so we‘ll see if I‘m gonna try to navigate the prelaunch as well!

I feel like Loewe should give me a free Soot Spirte sweater because they clearly ripped off my Halloween costume lol. It‘s absolutely hilarious to see a high fashion version of my DIY idea from a few years ago.

So far, I‘m not in love with anything from the collection.The small pouch with Chihiro is so cute but the design is absolutely unusable to me. My favorite so far is the Chihiro/Haku Arizona but I cannot justify the price tag.

View attachment 5284245
You did an amazing job with this! Such a great idea

I think the soot sprite ones are still pretty cute and luxe enough (at least those in the traditional Loewe silhouettes like the puzzle and flamenco) but some of the collection almost feel like products you can get from Ghibli Museum rather than a luxury fashion house. I think the RTW fares poorer than the leather goods and bags honestly, like basically printing the Spirited Away poster on the tee and hoodies. I do like the ones where Loewe's signature is integrated with the Ghibli IP eg the soot sprite tracing out the Loewe anagram, and personally I am still lusting after the blanket somehow, but now that we've seen at least 80% of the collection, my hype is dying down a little.
I agree to an extent, I think it’s really difficult to take this licensed character stuff and incorporate it into a brand without it looking like merch and the brand itself getting lost in the background.
I do think the bags and SLGs are really lovely. The clothes don’t all fare as well because they are less visibly Loewe designs to begin with.
I really wish they’d gone a little bit more project runway with their clothes and made luxe recreations of the character’s outfits with a Loewe twist or just used their colour combos. But they probably felt they might not sell compared to more easily recognisable stuff. I suppose the other problem would be in the case of this film it’d be a lot of luxe bathrobes :lol:

Last edited: