Loewe x Spirited Away

Items are already sold out from in person VIP presale? Sigh. It’s like they only made 10 of each item for the entire world or something :yucky: Should have gone with less items and in higher quantity!:cool:
I'm sure they have allocated a separate amount to the online store and not everything was sold out at where I was (for now!). The SAs also didn't share if there was some stock set aside for general sales. :smile:

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
Items are already sold out from in person VIP presale? Sigh. It’s like they only made 10 of each item for the entire world or something :yucky: Should have gone with less items and in higher quantity!:cool:

If they have learnt anything from the last launch, they'd know better than to sell out everything at the VIP pre-launch and also stock up more for the public launch... There was obviously a huge hoo-ha by the public who are of mere peasant status in their eyes. Well, LOEWE blamed it on COVID for the (grossly) inadequate supply but the hype they built up and all that advertising despite the (near instant) sold out status didn't go down well with the community. Many of those Totoro items are resold online anyway, in pristine brand new condition... Miyazaki-san might have a fit seeing a supposedly happiness-inducing production eliciting so much negative vibes. :no:

At least this time there is significantly less advertising done (lesson learnt? hahaha), possibly due to the fact that the supply is likely inadequate again haha.
Just have got to cross fingers that we are fortunate enough to snag something the peasant way of camping online :lol:

I believe it was the small because when the SA took out the puzzle with yellow character it was much smaller than the brown soot. It wasn’t exactly 4500 to the dollar I just vaguely remembering not paying that price might’ve been $45xx

Oof. I just did a conversion from AUD to TWD...it's cheaper to buy it over there than here (Taiwan), unless there are sales tax that wasn't included.

If they have learnt anything from the last launch, they'd know better than to sell out everything at the VIP pre-launch and also stock up more for the public launch... There was obviously a huge hoo-ha by the public who are of mere peasant status in their eyes. Well, LOEWE blamed it on COVID for the (grossly) inadequate supply but the hype they built up and all that advertising despite the (near instant) sold out status didn't go down well with the community. Many of those Totoro items are resold online anyway, in pristine brand new condition... Miyazaki-san might have a fit seeing a supposedly happiness-inducing production eliciting so much negative vibes. :no:

At least this time there is significantly less advertising done (lesson learnt? hahaha), possibly due to the fact that the supply is likely inadequate again haha.
Just have got to cross fingers that we are fortunate enough to snag something the peasant way of camping online :lol:

Sigh… I have noticed that with highly anticipated and very advertised collabs its always a ****show. The last battle I went through was the HM/Simone Rocha one, which was a complete disaster of an online launch and sold out in about 3 minutes

Sigh… I have noticed that with highly anticipated and very advertised collabs its always a ****show. The last battle I went through was the HM/Simone Rocha one, which was a complete disaster of an online launch and sold out in about 3 minutes
Let’s just hope the website doesn’t lag and crash!

Spirited Away is probably my top Ghibli movie but I think I'm safe. I would be in trouble if they had a lot of items with Haku in dragon form.

I have bought plenty of Ghibli merchandise from Hot Topic and other places over the years. I even feel like Hot Topic sold a similar No Face sweater before.

I suppose it's just as well since there is no Loewe store near me.

It seems like most of the leather goods/bags allocated to the stores have indeed been presold, although there is still quite a bit of SLGs available from what I understand. RTW is still generally available but in limited sizes. I am guessing any country that is doing presales would have the same net result...

I preordered the zipped cardholder with the soot sprites remotely through an SA yesterday. Pre-ordering/ reserving items via whatsapp still feels a bit weird to me and I hope it works out but if it does… it was very stress-free.

I still also want a scarf so I might go through the online prelaunch even though I know it‘s gonna be a nightmare.

It seems like most of the leather goods/bags allocated to the stores have indeed been presold, although there is still quite a bit of SLGs available from what I understand. RTW is still generally available but in limited sizes. I am guessing any country that is doing presales would have the same net result...

Do you know if there are even any zippered coin pouches left?? I'm trying to budget spending and wonder if I should instead look at the overpriced local resale market :lol:

Definitely expected such a situation, despite the SA saying that there is no reservation (who's naïve enough to believe-- it depends on how valuable a consumer you are to them :biggrin:). Can see from China's Little Red Book that SAs are openly advertising for presales, so it ain't surprising that every other country does the same. It just boils down to how much stock the country is allocated (which is likely directly correlated to how large that country is) and how much presale quota is allocated to VIPs.

Now it's just a matter of how much stocks LOEWE actually set aside for online commerce... :lol:

Last edited:
Do you know if there are even any zippered coin pouches left?? I'm trying to budget spending and wonder if I should instead look at the overpriced local resale market :lol:

Definitely expected such a situation, despite the SA saying that there is no reservation (who's naïve enough to believe-- it depends on how valuable a consumer you are to them :biggrin:). Can see from China's Little Red Book that SAs are openly advertising for presales, so it ain't surprising that every other country does the same. It just boils down to how much stock the country is allocated (which is likely directly correlated to how large that country is) and how much presale quota is allocated to VIPs.

Now it's just a matter of how much stocks LOEWE actually set aside for online commerce... :lol:
PMed you!

When I was ordering a couple of days ago, that was the case. SLGs and RTW are still available.

Some charms & bags were booked, but still available.

My SA texted me this, too! I asked her if the candle is available for the online drop, and she said no, only allocated to certain stores with a special scent (Smokey/soot-like?) We’ll see tomorrow. I did snag one from her though.

8F355C62-655C-4073-81AF-63A91A69EF49.jpeg

When I was ordering a couple of days ago, that was the case. SLGs and RTW are still available.

Some charms & bags were booked, but still available.

My SA texted me this, too! I asked her if the candle is available for the online drop, and she said no, only allocated to certain stores with a special scent (Smokey/soot-like?) We’ll see tomorrow. I did snag one from her though.

View attachment 5288469
The scent is Vetiver, and is supposed to evoke the smell of a fireplace (makes thematic sense). It's a medium sized candle so should have some lasting power! It smells really woody as advertised. Haha.