Loewe x Spirited Away

Same! I managed to snag the caramel/brown puzzle, as well as a scarf with Boh on it. The puzzle is small and it's black and caramel on the other side, which is pretty cool and low-key. I wanted to get the blue Flamenco, but the pictures they've released makes it look like it's blue in some pics, and mint green in others, so the SA said that she'll send me pics as soon as she gets them in store.

I think it depends on the store - but I had a chance to see the full collection of products (and pre-order) on a list. The images were small though.

Would you mind sharing the price of the scarf? Was the yellow scarf the only one in the collection? And do you happen to know the material it‘s made out of?

I doubt my local department store will get any of the items but I might call them just to be sure.

It's definitely a mint green like the other soot sprite SLGs - I believe that there are only two flamencos, one is the mint green soot sprite one and the other is the purple frog one.

Oh that's great to know. Even the SA I was talking to was confused as to whether the bag is closer to sky blue or mint green...we'll see. I wanted to get the Flamenco at first, but then opted for the caramel/black puzzle because I didn't know what color it was closer to.

Do you have more than one store in your area? That’s a shame, I don’t think there’s rules so stores just want to make a sale hence those who know rack up the products before launch

Unfortunately not - the other one is about a 40 minute drive away (if there are no traffic). Then the next one is probably 2 -3 hour drive. I think I have more odds getting the charm/bag through the online drop or through the SA.

Reactions: Logic
Would you mind sharing the price of the scarf? Was the yellow scarf the only one in the collection? And do you happen to know the material it‘s made out of?

I doubt my local department store will get any of the items but I might call them just to be sure.

Of course. I think the scarf was around $435 USD (after conversion from my local currency). The scarf is (according to the SA) similar to the striped scarf in mohair on the Loewe site.

They have the yellow scarf with Boh & Yubaba's Bird.

They have one with Otori Sama, too (green and white stripes) that I really wanted, as I think Otori Sama spirits are cute, too. I don't know the material for this, but it seems like it might be the same as the yellow scarf.

I think they have another scarf that's with the soot spirits as well. This is definitely another type of material! They have the soot spirit wool hat, too.

IMO the bags are too expensive to have a ‘cartoon’ logo. Though very cute! I opted to get a bag charm can use when I get a classic Loewe puzzle bag
I think Loewe's logos are at least usually more "involved" than some other brand collabs - involving embroidery, leather marquetry and such. It's pretty cool to me haha. But I can understand the reluctance too, especially when for example the Haku Amazona is S$6,200.

I think Loewe's logos are at least usually more "involved" than some other brand collabs - involving embroidery, leather marquetry and such. It's pretty cool to me haha. But I can understand the reluctance too, especially when for example the Haku Amazona is S$6,200.

I totally agree with you. Some of the bags are too cartoon-like for me (like the Haku Amazona from your example), as well as the Aogaeru Amazona (I think). However, there are some bags that are a lot more subtle. :smile:

I totally agree with you. Some of the bags are too cartoon-like for me (like the Haku Amazona from your example), as well as the Aogaeru Amazona (I think). However, there are some bags that are a lot more subtle. :smile:

Agreed! I don’t need HUUUGE Loewe logos splashed all over but I also don’t want to purchase something that looks like it came out of an anime merchandise shop or Hot Topic mall store…

Reactions: 336
Agreed! I don’t need HUUUGE Loewe logos splashed all over but I also don’t want to purchase something that looks like it came out of an anime merchandise shop or Hot Topic mall store…

I think that's why the soot spirit and no face bags are going to be really popular. It's a mix between subtle/playful, with a combo of classic Loewe with a twist.

I'm not a fan of huge brand logos splashed over bags/shoes/RTW as well.

The problem I personally have with the huge cartoon images is that...they're just too huge for my liking, and it makes it look a bit cheap tbh.

Reactions: needmoneyforbirkins
Yes - our benchmark for this collab is that the Loewe element must be at least equal to the Ghibli element, else it ends up looking like a gift shop item at Ghibli Museum. I did give in to an "ugly chic" purchase today though which is the Zeniba tee. Love the details on the tee but yes it's a super loud design. Haha. The Yubaba bag was the first to sell out so the ugly chic aesthetic does have its appeal heh.

I think that's why the soot spirit and no face bags are going to be really popular. It's a mix between subtle/playful, with a combo of classic Loewe with a twist.

I'm not a fan of huge brand logos splashed over bags/shoes/RTW as well.

The problem I personally have with the huge cartoon images is that...they're just too huge for my liking, and it makes it look a bit cheap tbh.

Price plays an important role too, one of the store I went to sold out on the mini hammock bags but still had all the puzzle bags. The brown soot puzzle bag was priced at ~AUD$4500, whilst I was very interested, I wasn’t willing on the price

Of course. I think the scarf was around $435 USD (after conversion from my local currency). The scarf is (according to the SA) similar to the striped scarf in mohair on the Loewe site.

They have the yellow scarf with Boh & Yubaba's Bird.

They have one with Otori Sama, too (green and white stripes) that I really wanted, as I think Otori Sama spirits are cute, too. I don't know the material for this, but it seems like it might be the same as the yellow scarf.

I think they have another scarf that's with the soot spirits as well. This is definitely another type of material! They have the soot spirit wool hat, too.

Awesome!! Thank you for all the info! I love the embroidery on the yellow one I‘m just not sure if I‘m going to get enough use out of it with the rest of my fall/winter wardrobe. The other two scarves sound cute, I might be tempted to get one of them!

Reactions: Mapoon
Price plays an important role too, one of the store I went to sold out on the mini hammock bags but still had all the puzzle bags. The brown soot puzzle bag was priced at ~AUD$4500, whilst I was very interested, I wasn’t willing on the price

Oooh, was the brown soot puzzle bag at AUD$4500 the small or mini size?