Loewe x Spirited Away

Not sure if I should be posting in here or the Howl thread (or if it’s allowed), but I was interested in maybe buying something from the SA collection second hand. Would it be fairly safe to assume that since this collab is so limited there probably weren’t fakes made of it? Either way I’ll still browse carefully. Mainly looking at SLGs of the soot sprites.
actually I've seen AA dupe sellers selling fake soot sprite puzzles (the mint green one and the brown one) on Chinese social media sometime last year, and even saw reviews for them on Reddit. So the highly popular bag styles will still have fakes floating around, but it'll probably be less likely to find a fake of ones that require highly-skilled marquetry (like any of the Amazonas, etc.)

actually I've seen AA dupe sellers selling fake soot sprite puzzles (the mint green one and the brown one) on Chinese social media sometime last year, and even saw reviews for them on Reddit. So the highly popular bag styles will still have fakes floating around, but it'll probably be less likely to find a fake of ones that require highly-skilled marquetry (like any of the Amazonas, etc.)
Ooo thank you TTOTT I’ll shop with care then.

Reactions: needmoneyforbirkins
(Please delete if this isn't allowed) I'm similarly interested in trying to get something from the SA collection secondhand, most likely one of the sprite puzzles. Are there specific sites that are known to be more or less reputable for Loewe? I generally browse Fashionphile and Vestiaire Collective and occasionally The Real Real but would be hesitant buying from TRR due to the fake items I've heard about people receiving.

(Please delete if this isn't allowed) I'm similarly interested in trying to get something from the SA collection secondhand, most likely one of the sprite puzzles. Are there specific sites that are known to be more or less reputable for Loewe? I generally browse Fashionphile and Vestiaire Collective and occasionally The Real Real but would be hesitant buying from TRR due to the fake items I've heard about people receiving.
I honestly have no idea nowadays which sites to trust either :/ Maybe there's an authenticator thread on here for Loewe like there are for some other brands?

Reactions: potatoagogo
I honestly have no idea nowadays which sites to trust either :/ Maybe there's an authenticator thread on here for Loewe like there are for some other brands?
Wondering if any of the Japanese resell sites are trustworthy since they're usually pretty strict about fakes? I'm finding some Spirited Away and Totoro stuff since I missed out on the initial releases on Rakuma but the quantity and prices are making me wary.

i just bought an item from the SA collection on ebay but went for one of the bigger pieces and not an SLG - in part because i think the bigger ticket items are harder to fake. it's a bigger risk too, though, given the cost. the item went through the ebay authentication process so fingers crossed.

the number of totoro cardholders and other such proliferating is a bit concerning.

There are a fair number of AA fake items from the Loewe x Totoro collab on Vestiaire Collective. Some of the fakes are items that weren't even in the collection (like the small basket bag with black raffia at the base). The fake coin cardholder with the blue totoro has eyes that are a different size to the authentic item, also the blue is the wrong shade.

1676081591376.png

FAKE
1676081676846.png

AUTHENTIC
1676081720572.png

There are a fair number of AA fake items from the Loewe x Totoro collab on Vestiaire Collective. Some of the fakes are items that weren't even in the collection (like the small basket bag with black raffia at the base). The fake coin cardholder with the blue totoro has eyes that are a different size to the authentic item, also the blue is the wrong shade.

View attachment 5714689

FAKE
View attachment 5714690

AUTHENTIC
View attachment 5714691
It's almost like you can rest assured that the most recent collab items are genuine because there hasn't been time to produce fake ones. But just wait a few weeks and the fake ones will come...

Elle Japan has released photos of the full collection with JPY prices:
Reposting this in case anyone is like me and wants original prices and pictures for comparison/sanity checking while browsing for secondhand pieces from the collection!

Reposting this in case anyone is like me and wants original prices and pictures for comparison/sanity checking while browsing for secondhand pieces from the collection!
Appreciate this! Thanks for reposting.
I've been searching for Totoro collection prices for reference too which have been harder to find but here are some I found from various sources.

Screenshot 2023-02-12 at 10.38.00 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-02-12 at 10.53.40 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-02-12 at 10.53.36 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-02-12 at 10.39.54 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-02-12 at 10.39.48 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-02-12 at 10.40.03 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-02-12 at 10.53.45 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-02-12 at 10.51.00 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-02-12 at 10.51.09 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-02-12 at 10.51.17 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-02-12 at 10.51.05 AM.png

And collection line ups for visual reference:

Appreciate this! Thanks for reposting.
I've been searching for Totoro collection prices for reference too which have been harder to find but here are some I found from various sources.

View attachment 5715976View attachment 5715979View attachment 5715980View attachment 5715982View attachment 5715981View attachment 5715983View attachment 5715988View attachment 5715984View attachment 5715985View attachment 5715986View attachment 5715987

And collection line ups for visual reference:
Thanks for sharing… crazy that the crafty tree sweater - an absolute work of art that I’ve lusted after for 2 years now - is *only* $1650. Seems like a steal looking at the prices for the HMC collection

Thanks for sharing… crazy that the crafty tree sweater - an absolute work of art that I’ve lusted after for 2 years now - is *only* $1650. Seems like a steal looking at the prices for the HMC collection
Right? I was obsessed with that sweater when I first saw it. A hoodie from the HMC collection is only $300 cheaper. Kicking past me for not trying to get anything from this collection when it dropped. Good thing I enjoy the thrill of the hunt at least

Right? I was obsessed with that sweater when I first saw it. A hoodie from the HMC collection is only $300 cheaper. Kicking past me for not trying to get anything from this collection when it dropped. Good thing I enjoy the thrill of the hunt at least
Wasn’t aware of it until several days after it released. All that was left was a couple t-shirts on the selfridges site at that point.