Loewe puzzle classic vs edge

I was thinking about getting this bag in tan but after seeing the new edge model I’m a bit undecided. Seems to be universally panned. I like that it doesn’t have the dark glazing as prominently but I feel the puzzle effect is lost with the larger overlapped pieces of leather. I’d also prefer gold hardware (and maybe feet but that’s not a deal breaker). It will be an everyday bag so I’d prefer grained leather over satin.

So now I’m trying to decide whether to hunt for a near new 2nd hand classic, buy the edge anyway or find something different entirely. I don’t have any stores nearby that stock the bag at all so I can’t see and feel differences in person, and I’m so torn.

Do you think they would bring back the classic if so many people really don’t like the edge as much? Should I wait?

Thoughts?? I just don’t know what to do - pros and cons for both

Attachments

• IMG_6003.jpeg
    IMG_6003.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 60
I don’t have a Loewe store in my city, so I was always curious too. Yesterday I took an international flight and there was a Loewe in the airport! Here are my thoughts:

Surprisingly there was one puzzle classic in stock, and of course, puzzle edge. I compared both. I thought I always liked the classic more, but I actually ended up buying the edge.

To me, the edge looks sleeker, cleaner, and simpler without all the black lines. Especially from the back. It was slightly lighter than the classic. The store model of the edge slouched beautifully. I’m sure the classic does too, but seeing them both up close, I just thought the edge looked less fussy and less busy. So, I always thought I liked the classic more, but I did end up buying the edge.

Yeah, I agree. I don’t hate the edge but just prefer the classic. So now I’m searching for a classic in the tan with GHW 😮‍💨 😰
The classic puzzle style in tan has never been released with gold hardware, always silver and in classic calfskin. I think you’re confusing it with the light caramel which has gold hardware and is in grained calfskin.

Reactions: texas2015
I have one of each - the Classic in black, and the Edge in toffee. The Edge is my newer bag; I went into the boutique planning to purchase a Classic in tan, but I couldn't stop looking at the Edge! I guess I like both designs! They are really more like cousins, not siblings.

I have one of each - the Classic in black, and the Edge in toffee. The Edge is my newer bag; I went into the boutique planning to purchase a Classic in tan, but I couldn't stop looking at the Edge! I guess I like both designs! They are really more like cousins, not siblings.
The toffee is such a nice color! What size do you have for the Edge? Curious to know how the slouch it after a few months of use.

I reallllly prefer the classic over the edge! the only Edge puzzles i liked is this bicolor one:
puzzle bicolor.jpg

I cannot get over the fact that I cannot seem to source a pre-loved tan Puzzle (small or medium, with feet and the thick leather strap) in Europe...! I one sold a black large puzzle and it was a huge mistake!
And if i would find one, i am so worried about it being a rep...

Is there any intention that the classic will be phased out? I surely hope not! i would sign a petition for this :P

The toffee is such a nice color! What size do you have for the Edge? Curious to know how the slouch it after a few months of use.
It's a small (and toffee is indeed a gorgeous colour the the gold hardware). It's not slouchy at all, and I've had it for nearly a year. My first Puzzle (the original version) is in classic calfskin and the leather is softer and has mellowed, but the soft grained calfskin for my Edge is definitely more robust and is holding onto it's shape more.