Loewe and Celine - made in China!!!!

What an interesting thread!

I was in my local LOEWE store a couple of weeks ago looking at some of their leather bags. Most of their bags where marked 'Made in Spain' but some for their smaller leather goods, such as wallets ect where marked with 'Made in China'.

Even lower-priced labels are made in China. I got a Longchamp made in China that I bought in Paris! My girlfriend got the same bag in NY, but it was made in Paris. I wasn't happy. I guess you have to check all your tags!

I agree - I've got a longchamp that's made in china.
I couldn't believe that some Celine bags arestill made in china because it was reported that ever since Phoebe philo has taken over she stopped production in china

I just bought some Celine wedges made of satin and shagreen or stingray. I bought them off Ebay but am pretty certain they are authentic. On closer inspection I found a 'made in China' label. I do not think they are well made and will certainly not be buying any more Celine in a hurry. I have lots of Celine but from a few years back when it was made in Italy or France. You can tell where items are made as the quality is never quite up to scratch

What an interesting thread!

I was in my local LOEWE store a couple of weeks ago looking at some of their leather bags. Most of their bags where marked 'Made in Spain' but some for their smaller leather goods, such as wallets ect where marked with 'Made in China'.

That's a relief. I agree with many others that though China does have it's fair share of high quality manufacturers, the low cost of production still makes the prices unfair.

i guess i have no problem with where its made as long as its price accordingly

what do all of you think about the first phoebe philo collection which had the hobo moto bags that were made in romania? i know of someone who owns it and i must say that it is almost on par with the ones that are made in italy. even comes with 4 lampo zippers!

i have known that many brands have their factories in china i forgot the name of the vity but from what my aunt told me you wont find all products i.e. classical products their only those seasonal ones.. i think its much cheaper for those brands to manuf. in china but dont increase the price!

thanks for this thread. whether its made in china or italy, what matters is that the craftsmanship is impeccable. I have leather coach handbags that are made in china and italy, and all of them are still whole even though they are well-used. But for my mid-end bags ( i wont mention names here) that are made in china, after just a few uses, they developed scuffs and showed signs of wear at the edges and handles. It's unfortunate coz they don't come cheap also.

You would assume that being a high design/high cost purse that they would come from some where nicer than China. That makes you wonder what other bags are made for $1.50 and solde for $1,700. :mad:
What do you mean by somewhere nicer than China? And what's your intention by comparing $1.5 to $1,700? These words are not nice at all. Please be careful and responsible for your post, okay?