Locked cosmetic purse - buy or not?

Sessan15

Mar 6, 2012
Hello ladies,

I really want to get the locked cosmetic purse in oak, but I feel that's it's
so pricey. (175 uk pounds) am I silly?

I mean, I gladly splurge on a nice handbag
or fine accessories and jewellery (within reason) why do I get like this now?
A cosmetic bag Is important right, it's something that we use everyday...

Please help me decide :smile:

I was the same when I bought my Eggplant Mitzy Pouch a year and a half ago........ I managed to get it at the airport so it brought the price down but it still seemed like a lot to spend.

i can honestly say that it is one purchase that i have never regretted and it has been carried in whichever bag I am using every day since. Sometimes even used as a clutch.

I would just recommend trying to get the very best deal you can - perhaps if a store is running a 10% discount or something.....

Hello ladies,

I have the oak cosmetic purse and managed to get it from Bicester at £105, though I don't know why it was there.. That was probably about 3 months ago. It may be worth a call.
It wasn't sub as it was posted and I can honestly say, I've never looked back.. It will outlast me!! Spray it, use it and love it!!! X

I have one and love it..

Thatt was a good find Beaver...

You could always get it 10% off at harrods when they have their rewards weekend? I think HoF also have 10% Days occasionally...

Hello ladies,

Take a look at Smythson. I bought a cosmetic pouch last week in their sale. It's a different feel to Mulberry but alot cheaper, compare both ans see which one you prefer. They have Croc print which is what I bought in the violet, and also lots of other colours in a softer calf leather. Full rice they are £140 but in the sale they are now £84, Harrods have a 10% weekend this weekend if you can get in to London. They are in the writing room on the second floor. I do have a Mulberry pouch which I love but like you I didn't really want to spend £175 on a Cosmetic Pouch!!

I bought one in pink glossy goat a few months ago before the last price rise (spent £150) and despite being pricey I haven't looked back, I absolutely love it! It is my favourite accessory and adds a lovely pop of colour to my bags. My eggplant Mitzy pouch was about £120 (I think) and that has also served me really well. Could you get to an outlet easily to see if there are any available and then you would make a bit of a saving?

Take a look at Smythson. I bought a cosmetic pouch last week in their sale. It's a different feel to Mulberry but alot cheaper, compare both ans see which one you prefer. They have Croc print which is what I bought in the violet, and also lots of other colours in a softer calf leather. Full rice they are £140 but in the sale they are now £84, Harrods have a 10% weekend this weekend if you can get in to London. They are in the writing room on the second floor. I do have a Mulberry pouch which I love but like you I didn't really want to spend £175 on a Cosmetic Pouch!!

I agree, Smythson's have some lovely things, i got the croc print passport cover which i thought was much nicer than the mulberry one (and was half theprice)

I have the locked cosmetic purse (in oak), and I really love it. I got mine as a birthday present but I was going to buy one for myself anyway. It is a lot of money for such a small thing, but it makes me smile every time I reach for my make-up. I think that's reason enough! ;) Mine has held up very well, so I don't expect to be buying a new one any time soon, and now I'm just anxiously waiting for a nice rustic-looking patina to develop!

I have the lock cosmetic bag in oak too and its been such a great buy, I use it everyday to hold my essentials (lip balm, nail file, fold up hairbrush, perfume, etc), its very handy if you swap bags which I do often, I know I always have everything on me I need with my pouch, I have a Mulberry zip pouch too. I don't use the cosmetic pouch for make up as I have a thin Longchamp one I use (thats wipe clean!). The oak cosmetic pouch can double as a clutch if I'm just popping for some milk, or for a drink with the girls, I love it. I got mine on Black Friday with a discount so defo worth looking around!

As much as I am obsessed with handbags, I could not get the idea of paying extra (or a lot of extra in some cases) for a cosmetic bag.

I use the freebie cosmetic bags that come from makeup counters when they have specials, Lancome, Clinique, etc give away some really nice cosmetic bags when they have specials running. And these cosmetic bags end up being dirty inside with spilled stuff, uncovered lipstick, etc... I'll be upset if I have a Mulberry Cosmetic pouch and the inside becomes so dirty with lipstick marks!

I have the locked cosmetic purse (in oak), and I really love it. I got mine as a birthday present but I was going to buy one for myself anyway. It is a lot of money for such a small thing, but it makes me smile every time I reach for my make-up. I think that's reason enough! ;) Mine has held up very well, so I don't expect to be buying a new one any time soon, and now I'm just anxiously waiting for a nice rustic-looking patina to develop!

Just like me! I was going to get it myself last week but got a giftvoucher for my b-day yeasterday, so I will defenetily get one now. I know it will make me smile everyday too :smile:

I have checked some other brands mentioned in this tread, thanks, beautiful stuff but I guess that with my Mulberry obsession, I will only be truly happy with one that will match my Mulberry bag family :smile: